Yet more changes!!

Discussion in 'TMC' started by joecool313, Sep 18, 2009.

1. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    TMC has just announced more changes.

The pay scales have been revamped on both percentage and mileage.

Due to the trucks being turned down they have lowered the points given for good MPG. Had a feeling they would do this, they wouldnt want the driver to benifit.
    They have also taken 5 points away from the 8 points they used to give for Road Scholar. This (Road Scholar) will only be worth 3 points now and they gave the 5 points to Edorsements. They said the drivers wanted some incentive for getting Twic, Passport and Hazmat so this is the answer to that. You will only get the 5 points if you have all three Endorsements.

I personally have been on Percentage so I can see what the changes were for Percentage but supposivly the Mileage pay scale took a bigger hit. But I can not confirm this being I did not study the numbers of what mileage used to be.

Like I said none of these changes benefit the driver in anyway., but then again none of the recent changes benefit the driver so why would these be any different.

They are saying that after looking around the industry that the pay cuts they have imposed are less than what other companies have done, so this should make everyone feel better. Hmmm? They also say they are just trying to stay competitive..I liked when TMC didnt give a S H I T what other companies did...kinda what made them stand out from the crowd, now it seems they just want to be another face in the crowd.

Also, you must comply with the reccomended Fuel Stops. This month at least 50% compliant and 60% next month and so on untill everyone is close to 90% compliant... Another ridiculous request...I do find better(or shorter) ways to go quite often then what the reccomended routing gives, but again compliance on fuel stops are mandatory. You can however call and suggest a route if you feel its shorter.

So, changes equal:
    Can't read Qualcomm in motion.
    No more Prepass/EZpass. (STILL KILLS ME!!! The Company is actually losing money with this change)
    Cutting off the balls of ol Pete even more down to 62MPH.
    You must use the reccomended fuel stops.
    Service at 40,000 instead of 30,000 miles
    No more bonuses for trainers.
    Once a week wash still reccomended but can do every 2 weeks if truck is somewhat clean.

And yes for all the guys that are gonna say stop ######## , at least you have a job, I can see your point but when 95% of the changes the company makes affects the drivers in a negative manner , its just hard to swallow.

Just my 2cents.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    AHh i heard about this today earlier i was going to make a post on it! Sucks :(

4. Mossyoakman0861

Mossyoakman0861 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Robbins, NC
    man this really is the wrong time to be coming into a driving profession. I swear that they are scaring me away more and more every day.....

5. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    The more that come, the lower the pay will be.

6. Mossyoakman0861

Mossyoakman0861 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Robbins, NC
    do you know what they took the mileage down to? They told me they would start me at .30

7. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    So the incentive to get the TWIC HazMat and PassCard is to not get a pay cut? Brilliant.

8. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Ouch. I'm glad I left with the EZpass debacle. Their silly recommended fuel stops are mandatory now? I never once fuelled where that thing said.
    Come on, TMC. Black Petes aren't enough to stand above the rest, not when you're aping every other harebrained policy some desk jockey somewhere dreamed up in between BS sessions at the water cooler.

9. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    Below is the New Mileage Pay Program for TMC

9/09 Starting Base Pay
    Apprentice A's $.30 cpm After 6 mo. safe driving: $.32 cpm
    Experienced Drivers (Start) $.36 cpm
    After 12 months $.37 cpm
    After 24 months $.38 cpm
    After 60 months $.39 cpm
    Bonuses
    OOR - 8% or less 1/2 cpm bonus ($.005)
    MPG - 6.4 or greater 1/2 cpm bonus (compliance with fuel optimizer)*
    Endorsements 1/2 cpm bonus (TWIC, Hazmat, Passport)
    Tarp Pay $10 for tarped load
    Stop-Offs $20 for each stop-off after 1st stop
    Borough Pay $100 for going into a borough
    Over-dimensional loads $.10 cpm extra * Loaded miles only

Deductions
    Transflo - if over 3 days $14 per mo.
    Appearance -1/2 cpm (-$.005) for 30 days
    Workers Compensation -$.01 cpm each snapshot (approx.every 30 days)
    for preventable work comp injury (lost time)
    Preventable Accidents/ -$.01 cpm for 30 days Overspeeds over 80 mph

Chargeable ETA Changes
    -$1/2 (-$.005 for 30 days)
    Mileage Pay Program
    *Must be compliant with the fuel optimizer to receive bonus. The following
    graduated compliance applies: Nov. 50%, Dec. 60% and Jan 70%. Following Jan. the
    compliance level will remain at 70%.

Sorry , I was originally told it would be 90% at the the end but now see 70% will be the minimum.

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Jesuuuuus !!

Do you guys carry a College Math Instructor with you to calculate what your paycheck is every week???

11. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yeah, no ####.. Wow.. I'm.. ugh.. speechless...

I remember going through the experienced driver orientation with Randy, hell of a guy... This was a few years back.. I asked him, "Why does TMC keep hiring?" He said "Because we have to keep our trucks moving.. how else would we do that?" I said "Is keeping drivers happy an entirely new concept here?" And everyone just got quiet and looked at me.

Go figure, right?

Yay let's spend money on all this new crap that we don't need (Training facility, bus to get to said training facility, computers for each desk, etc. etc. etc.) and screw the drivers! Yeah, great plan!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.