Y'know, sometimes the little devil on your shoulder can be persuasive.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Spacer, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izlomik Supatrucka

Izlomik Supatrucka Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Texas
    SPACER

what air trailer company are you talking about in oklahoma?......im thinking pulling a pnuematic maybe a good
    change from pulling a gasoline tanker allday 6 days a week and not making any money.....

Anybody know nything about this GLASS TRUCKING outa Oklahoma thats pnuematic tanks? been seeing them
    run threw my neck of the woods alot here lately and have never seen 1 till some months back and they everyware
    down here now

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Maddad56

Maddad56 Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2009
    South Bend, IN
  4. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL
    Did you look at your local craigslist? Type in "CDL" or "truck driver." I found a ton of stuff here in Chicago when I searched for the fun of it today. Try to do better than PAM, that should be your last resort if nothing else comes around.

5. Spacer

Spacer Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Little Rock, AR
    Right now, I'm looking at last resort options. Not even the company I pulled for 5 years can hire me right now due to the 'recent experience' thing.
    So, PAM, CR England, or the like may be my only option.
    I check Craigslist several times a day, but so far no joy. Little Rock isn't quite the freight center the Big Windy is. I'm still gonna try though.
    I'm also poking around, looking for small Ma and Pa outfits in the area.

CRE has already told me they'd take me (refresher training, for a price, and the recruiter has already told me that the only way I'll be able to get to work right away after training is to lease a truck. Hmph.) but I'm holding them at arm's length right now. If PAM will stoop to hiring me, I'll be able to use them to get my recent experience back up to where I can get the seat I want.

So, if anyone's got an extra truck and wants a driver, I'm a good one, and easy on the equipment.

Then... I could get my own authority and a truck, borrowing from our retirement account (3% interest, paid back into the account). Geico has quoted me a little over $7k a year for the insurance, which doesn't seem all that awful. :biggrin_25511:

6. Spacer

Dec 8, 2008
    Little Rock, AR
    Anybody know the contact info for some local Arkansas residual wastewater haulers? I've been looking around for 'em, but ain't having much luck with the usual channels (yellow pages and google). I understand many of these companies are small and self-insured.

7. Izlomik Supatrucka

Izlomik Supatrucka Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Texas
    whats the name of the company you were talking about in oklahoma that pulls pnuematic tanks?

you said they were needing drivers ad im a driver needing a truck to drive more than 500 miles a week:biggrin_25513:

8. Spacer

Dec 8, 2008
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't remember talking about a company in OK... though I'm sure there are a few, as well as the seasonal ag guys.
    I got a call last night from an oil well service company, and have an interview today at 11. Fingers crossed.

9. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    anybody but CRE, honestly... I'm not kidding here.

Spacer Thanks this.
  10. Spacer

Dec 8, 2008
    Little Rock, AR
    I agree, that wouldn't be so much a desperation move as a suicide one.
    Fortunately, problem solved.
    I was interviewed, road tested (in a 379 on narrow back roads, no less), and
    hired today. I'll be driving water tankers for oil wells, and it looks like it's gonna pay better than I was making OTR anyway. *whew*

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.