You and your DSR and what do they do

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by rumandcoke123, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    YES!!!! You can ask to be assigned to another DSR. However, as with anything, make sure you have you ducks in a row before you do. Keep notes of conversatiions and dates and times.

This proves to upper management that you're not just whinning but have a valid complaint or issue that needs to be handled.

All phone conversations between drivers and DSR's are subject to recording and if there is a problem, you have to be able to give dates and approximate times so managment can retrieve those conversations and verify your allegations and reasons for requesting a new DSR.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    This bears repeating so reread unka's response again...go ahead I'll wait...

Got it? Good. Document! If your beef is wait times on the next load when did you send empty call, when did next dispatch come out. If the beef is time to get an answer, when did you send the question, how long till reply? Unlike unka I don't call my dispatcher much, twice in the last 13 days. This means when I do call I have an issue and I expect him to fix it promptly. If he doesn't like my approach I will take my near perfect on time record and high utilization numbers to another board and pad that dispatchers bonus checks.

4. jl090507

jl090507 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Maryland
    :biggrin_25514:

Hmm... Something repeated, this is definately important! :biggrin_2556:

It sounds like I thought I would have to do. Keep a seperate composition notebook so I can keep a track of certain conversation times and notes on them. I have been reading alot of posts around on this board and I was already coming to that conclusion. I am really hoping Roehl considers me!!!

:dontknow:

5. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    Trying to get a timeline here. Unk how long have you been an I/C. If I am right it should be over 18 months since you drove a roehl company truck.

6. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    :biggrin_2556::biggrin_2556: Oh yeah..... It's been a lot longer than 18 months... Almost 36... :biggrin_2551:

7. Dave W

Dave W Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Springfield,MO
    Ram Mount makes a universal LP mount. At Roehl, when you get your own truck the passenger seat will, most likely, not be air ride seat. You can unbolt it from the floor, insert the mount stand and rebolt the seat. No need to drill holes.

On the software, untill you can afford co-piolt or one of the others that route for trucks, I would check each route your software generates with the directory in your motor carrier atlas to check for low clearance and restricted routes.

Baba Looey and WorkinMan Thank this.
  8. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I was speaking to my dispatcher yesterday reguarding a snit that we are currently in. He summed it up well by saying nowadays he feels like he works in a complait dept for the rest of the company. On some levels I pity him for all the grief he has to listen to. On another hand however he brings it on himself. He waste more time defending the indefensable ie piss poor planning from the load planners, and incomplete info from cust service etc. I think if he allowed this storm of human frustration to roll uphill too land at the feet of the deserving parties his job would become easier. In some ways he is luckier than most in that his board is comprised of experience people that may not ruffle as easy as some.

9. WonderingWhatHappened

WonderingWhatHappened Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Marshfield, WI

I used to be a DSR at Roehl, and not to boast, but I was good at my job. I genuinely cared about my drivers, went out of my way to find good loads for them and get them where they needed to be (despite the myth, DSRs can look at planning screens and see what's out there). I also remembered birthdays, anniversaries and family functions - though not of much importance to some, it meant alot to others. I lived and breathed my job - if I wasn't scheduled to work, I picked up overtime hours and worked nights and weekends. I figured, if my drivers had to be working, I probably should be there to help them.

The moral of the story is this - Roehl does not want someone who cares - they want someone who does what they are told - I was fired just before the holidays after several years of dedicated work.

10. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Is this not the case with every employer, I have been a contractor a number of years, I do most of the work myself. I would rather have one guy who does what I ask him to do, then two guys who know better than I do, what I need.

11. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Out of curiosity male or female? I miss the days when I knew all the dispatchers and they knew us by our voices and didn't need a caller id.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.