You company guys here's some advice

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Brettj3876, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    If you have a choice of being on a frac crew or a cement crew go cement. I'll explain why. A monkey can be a frac rat but if you have the smarts and a good work ethic you will be on the fast track to field supervisor.

They're gonna start you out as a bulk driver, going out with an airslide (oilfield term for a pneumatic) to load jobs. Schlumberger uses silos that stand up. 2 loads per silo. Hali uses lay down bins. They call em field bins. The other truck they might put you in is a 660 (that's how many cubic ft they hold) schlumberger calls them ABT's here's a pic

[​IMG]

Those bad boys kick that cement off in half the time of an airslide.

Show that you actually give a darn and your not just their for the pay check. If the shop is working on something, say repacking a pump. Ask if you can help out. They'll take notice of that and if you keep at it your name gets around that your an asset to them. Dont be a suck up that's the wrong way to go about things. Eventually you'll make it up to training to operate the pump.

You have to have thick skin and be calm under pressure. Your gonna have the company man, the drilling superintendent and the rig manager and usually some outside consultants watching your every move. Because if you screw up his well your company just bought that well. They want a consistent weight and a consistent amount off bbl's per minute throughout the whole job.

Usually its done in 3 stages. Surface 13 and 3/8 pipe then an intermediate 9 and 5/8s and the final 5.5 inch production. That's where it gets frac'd.

You get experience on a pump you can write your own ticket because your the elite of the elite

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    That is pretty darn accurate. Only thing I can add is that cement doesn't dry in the daylight o_Oo_O

speedyk and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  4. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Of course it doesn't. But I wasn't out there with the pump crew, I was just a 3rd party bulk driver for schlumberger. All i did was pre load the cement for the pump crew. About 6-8 of us were servicing 10 rigs. That's a ton of work for a small crew. 100+ hours a week. Logbook, yea i didnt even bother to carry one lol. We were eld exempt (drive away-tow away clause) that's why schlumberger likes to use 3rd party

speedyk Thanks this.
  5. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    And my dad worked for Nabors drilling as a bulk supervisor for 5 years. I know all about the cement side.

Strange fact: schlumberger has a blend of cement that can actually "flex" when dry. 2 of the ingredients are lead and chicken feathers LOL. Surprised epa lets em put lead in the ground

speedyk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.