You decide how many die...

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Pumpkin Oval Head, May 5, 2020.

1. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    We should make the national speed limit 5 mph. That way, even pedestrians would be safe from a head on collision.

Isn't a life worth a little inconvenience?

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Man that’s a trucker if I ever saw one look at that hat ,that jacket and the look on his face pure truck driver!!!!

okiedokie, tommymonza and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    couple of things. First models are just that predictions based on data at hand. People complain that they are not 100% accurate. Guess what. People in FL already know that. Hurricane models take data and predict the path and strength of the storms. If you've ever seen the spaghetti models they are all a bit all over. But you get the best "cone" of travel by taking them all into account. So to sit here and say these models are useless is untrue.

Traffic deaths and COVID-19 deaths if we open up the country have the likelihood of rising. Why? Because the same people who can't wear a mask, distance from each others, wash their hands after taking a dump...etc. Are the same people who speed, drink and drive, run read lights, cut people off...etc. The cause of most traffic deaths/accidents are your fellow drivers acting like idiots. So yeah, you are right, we can save those lives. Just like we can save COVID-19 lives. But most won't care because "it can't happen to them." Though those of us who do worry, don't worry for ourselves. But for our loved ones.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We have had herd immunity. Or are supposed to.

Ive been reading papers and figure I am just scaring myself silly. They are talking about new strains and mutating. Infect you over and over and over.

I took a look at medicare data for paying for Covid life support costs and essentially insurance is not supposed to bill me. However any soul that puts their attention to my case and not in network inside the in network hospital can bill me. So if I spent say 3 weeks on a vent and come out of there alive it would be in the order of about 100,000 or more to me personally.

That kind of billing demands BK filing. If you see how low my income is I need three lifetimes to pay that cash. I might take home about 60000 in 15 years give or take. Cannot depend on that with the failing of SS about that time period.

Medicare is suppose to fail in 6 years when IT RUNS OUT OF MONEY. The Covid hopefully... to be snarky and sassy, kill off enough so that it will fail in say 10 years instead of 6.

Thats medical black humor. It might be misunderstood by some.

Another example...

If Dr Blades does not quit cutting up with Mrs Giggles in there we will never get anything done around here, and here comes Dr Grey and Strong to put me out. A whack here and a needle there with my luck.

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    We have had a rash of deaths here in Nashville. I believe it's because a staff member brought it in, but it could have been a visitor seeing granny. At any rate, it decimated one here. Over 20 dead.

7. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    50 Million died after WWI from Influenza.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  8. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    This looks like a straw man argument. There is no comparison. The majority of healthy people will have little to no symptoms when contracting the virus. The people that need protection are those with compromised immune systems. Protect them and let the rest continue their lives as they have done in Florida.

Rubber duck kw and tommymonza Thank this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Cases overview
    upload_2020-5-6_9-4-8.png United States
    Confirmed
    1.23M
    +22,404
    Recovered
    Deaths
    +2,457

upload_2020-5-6_9-4-8.png Worldwide
    Confirmed
    3.68M
    +81,451
    Recovered
    1.21M
    Deaths
    +3,797

10. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019

There's no reason to doubt the "experts"
    This is a 2 part video.

This was sent to me by a family member who is a dr.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Reason for edit: Added info.
    PoleCrusher and tommymonza Thank this.
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Yes, if you and everyone else is willing to drive 5MPH I'll go along with that. We won't even have accidents in snow or those BIG huge pileup accidents in Wyoming any more. We as drives will get paid more per mile because we will only go like 50 miles a day. We will have to get like $3 per mile ! Don't that sound great !

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.