You ever see heavy haulers wearing flip flops?

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by asphaltreptile311, Jun 3, 2019.

1. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Lmao.

You seen the stuff Deputy Fat-### has been posting? It's caliber. Low caliber.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Nah it’s seems like a waste of time, plus I’d be tempted to say something which surely wouldn’t end good for me.

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Teenagers generallywear what they are brought up to wear, sometimes you might have to remind them who is doing the bringing up. lol

One of the best, best, best ,best things about moving north, none of this bs on the radio. Lord I was sick of that on the radio down south.

What is wrong with farm boys, or any boys that are raised to be somewhat sensible and self sufficient, girls too for that matter.

Dan.S and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    3 day run from San Diego to MT. Boots to load, and been flip flops since. I will be back in boots to deliver in the morning. No sense getting dressed up for lot lizards and Dennys waitresses.

6. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    Teenagers tend to wear what those in circle of influence whear. Is that is who brought them up , sure but during the teenage years it's usually what the media tells them is cool.

7. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    The wife dont do much laundry these days and im tired of buying new socks. I hate to say it but my crocks have outlived 3 pair of steel toes. And my feet dont rot off either.

Dont worry, theyre hi vis steel toe safety crocks. But i drive barefoot mostly. And shirtless when the AC is broke. The marble countertops and stone veneers still get put up in richies house as planned.

ichudov Thanks this.
  8. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    In the summer I like to be comfortable, so I drive in shorts, and sandals. When I get to my destination either to load, or unload, on goes my coveralls, and steel toes. Since loading and unloading heavy equipment is usually a very dirty job the coveralls keep my clothes clean as well. Then remove the steel toes and coveralls, and get back in my clean cab, in clean clothes and sandals, and drive off.
    Been doing it this way for 30 years, worked good then, and still does.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    catalinaflyer, Oxbow, lynchy and 3 others Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    ....Because some people are civilized enough to believe in keeping their fungus and odors confined to their own shoes. o_O

Oxbow Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There should be a law that says only females should be allowed to do that.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I wear nice steel toe boots at work but when I’m not working I’m wearing sandals, like right now. I’m putting polyurethane on my coffee table. In Sandals!!!
    And why shouldn’t sleeper truck drivers be allowed to air out their dogs when they’re not at a customer?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.