You have to have 3 roadside inspections?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 6wheeler, Jun 27, 2014.

1. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Global Tranz is now asking for 3 inspections. But with 45+ days to pay, who cares?

Lite bug and stayinback Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BarrettAction

BarrettAction Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Hey Folks,

Im a broker out here in California, and I got the answer to this one...These standards are set because anyone with half a brain can buy an MC Number, Forge the number of trucks, and start picking up loads and unethically double brokering them out...If an MC has 15 trucks with only 4 inspections, they either got a flawless fleet or theyre double brokering.

4. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Barrett----------------What a bunch if bullll

5. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Yup, when they told me that, I told them,"Your loss."

askbob Thanks this.
  6. true blue

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Hahahaha! Laugh of the day. Do you have a CDL's? :D

7. true blue

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    I disagree Double Yellow. I've been trucking 35 years and since 2000 with my own authority. I, for some reason, only got pulled in for one inspection for the first 12 years of running under my own authority. It's not my fault they didn't bother me. I've only got one inspection with no problems and I'm not going to play Conway's game to get their freight. The whole CSA score thing is heavily stacked against the smaller companies and the SMS is not an accurate measure of a carrier's true safety standards. It's just big bro control and is designed to run the smaller guys out of business. I just told Conway, "Your loss." I'm 100% on time and big on safety. I still get very good paying loads w/o them.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. ICS_CINCI

ICS_CINCI Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Yes, brokerages are requiring carriers to have a minimum of 3 inspections a year in order for them to load you. The reason behind it is because of claims and insurance costs and potential business lost from rejected trailers.

9. askbob

askbob Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Bluegrass

Absolutely. NR always makes for the best movie rating... Lol

10. easytopleez33

easytopleez33 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Just go in there with a flatbed load of bees, And ask them to run you through their inspection facility. Never been sent to the barn with a load of honey bees yet. Wonder Why?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  11. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Those are the customers i want. I can't stand going to a rat infested (junk truck) craphole shipper surrounded by junk trucks. It's not often but you can really tell how much they "value" their Carriers lol.
    For some reason the rat holes are usually infested with completely destroyed old Freightliner trucks, usually Columbias or FLDs falling apart and held together with bungee straps LMAO.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.