You Have To Know About This Crete Carrier Story

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Thane, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I was going to a fuel stop in Denver and was on an icy street near the T/A when I got stuck on an ice patch at a stop light. I let out on the clutch and it spun for a second or two, caught, and...SNAP. Broke a U joint on the ice. Got towed to the FL in Brighton, Colorado, where I proceeded to sit for 4 1/2 days waiting on parts and the repair. Was told I wouldn't get any breakdown pay, as I was told it could have been my fault. I objected and told the truth...it was a mere patch of ice, and I had to get out of there. During the repair, I was told by the FL dealer's techs that the U joint didn't have any lubrication, meaning it probably snapped because of their neglect. I let the Crete breakdown rep at the Lincoln headquarters know this, but heard nothing back. My terminal assistant manager told me they would have a sort of 'hearing' to decide if it was my fault, my report of what happened be ######. I figured this ruling would either get me the breakdown pay or not. How naive I was. After a month long wait, where I was out driving for these jokers the whole time, I had the bomb dropped on me. I was going to have to pay for the parts, labor, and tow bill, a total of over 5,200 dollars. I had no say in the tow company, the repair shop, the parts, or the length of time for the repair. I was down for 4 1/2 days with no breakdown pay, plus I wasn't running making money then. That's the "new" Crete. Of course, I'm not paying this nonsense and have left the outfit. I advise anyone thinking of going to work for Crete in the future to rethink your prospects. What they will do to me, they will do to YOU. Stay away from Crete, my fellow drivers. They've gone way down since Mr Acklie passed away.

patsy, FitTruckerATL, jeff18 and 20 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Wow not only do you not get break down pay your hit with the bill for the repair, they'd really have to prove you were at fault and even if you were since when do you have to pay for repairs? Have you signed any documents that you agreed to pay for at fault incidents?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Hopefully you got that in writing from freightliner on the lack of lubrication issue...then you could have a legal case on crete

Airborne and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I believe it.
    I barely remember, but a driver's truck broke down and they pulled out the driveshaft to tow it to a shop, well he got it back and snapped the driveshaft or u joint a few mile from the repair place.
    I can't remember if they fired him or wrote him up for abusing equipment. Coincidence?
    (sure if he would have disassembled the driveline on his pretrip like we all do he would have caught it)

Rollr4872, Mike2633, jethro712 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Mosinee dave

Mosinee dave Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2018
    I can't believe the bull---- you people put up with . Mega carriers suck

8. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Yet some new female driver on Facebook argued with me saying Crete is a good company while she is working for Stevens Transport LOL.

Those rookies I tell ya

9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    As an employee you can't be forced to pay for repairs unless gross negligence is involved. They can fire you, but thats iy.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN

And at that point, I would have quit that company. Make them eat that $5200

Steel Dragon and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Many of those parts that used to have zerts now are sealed and can only be replaced if you catch it in time, we have become a throw away society..including us. So many out there just to fill that seat. If you can prove that it is neglect in maintenance make sure that you should have reported it to the company on a post trip report..only way out of that is if it is written you can not climb under truck or do any repairs. If they have that rule..lawyer up.

Oldironfan, Rollr4872, x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.