You Have To Know About This Crete Carrier Story

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Thane, Feb 28, 2018.

1. tdawginahwa

tdawginahwa Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    That's sad...wonder why they would do that...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tdawginahwa

tdawginahwa Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    I have had my taste of the mega carrier syndrome if you will from the Honeymoon phase to being lied too right to my face. I have had fair dealings and absolute hell dealings. I am leaving a 7 truck fleet too join Crete/Shaffer because of two simple things...Benefits and experience. Not talking so much on the driving side but on the life style side of trucking. I've leased, company otr, regional, dedicated and local. It's all the same stuff different name on the door most of the time. I'm on my last load now and can always return here if need be but I can't take care of my family and myself driving as a 1099 subcontractor without benefits and liable for all the taxes. It doesn't pay enough to get the quality benefits I need. Crete/Shaffer offers that. They offer good pay and pay you for your experience. I had my app in at several companies and with 7 years, the best offer was.50 cpm until Crete/Shaffer. I hope it works out, I'm getting to old for much more of this lifestyle too be honest but I will do my best too get the most out of this opportunity.

kindastupid, Lonesome and Astoh Thank this.
  4. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    It'll work out. Crete rewards good , experienced drivers like yourself.

kindastupid and tdawginahwa Thank this.
  5. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    And doesn't detail it, so you have to take it back to the terminal filthy inside. And on top of that, you may be so far away you'll have to sleep in it, as CCC won't cover a hotel stay on the way back. I've seen CCC trucks sitting at the yard in denver with the windows rolled down, with the snow flying into those filthy pig pens. And I've seen trucks sitting at terminals fast-idle-ing overnight to kill the fleas and the bed bugs with either the heater or the A/C. CCC isn't the same company it used to be. It's gone WAY downhill since the early 2000s.

tucker Thanks this.
  6. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Most of the people I know who went to work for CCC didn't last long, as they don't pay enough per month. Per week pay doesn't tell one much. Show me a check stub for $1500 take-home and I won't be impressed. Those are common anywhere. Show me 4 or 6 pay stubs in a row with $1500 take-home and I'll perk up my ears. Might even apply. I'll definitely start researching said company. But I've not been doing any research lately. That's because no company I know of will pay a company driver 1500 a week take home consistently, week in and week out and offer benefits.

7. kindastupid

kindastupid Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I know a lot of people who've been at Crete many years, almost 12 myself. There is a reason the average age of a Crete driver is 52, those guys/gals have been around the block & know a good thing when they find it. I don't know you but I've been with Crete long enough to know there's more to this story.

tdawginahwa Thanks this.
  8. kindastupid

kindastupid Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2018
    You won't regret it. It's a top notch outfit. I do hope you chose the Crete side & not Shaffer, not that Shaffer is bad, if I were going to pull a reefer, it would be with Shaffer. I just know people who've transferred from Shaffer over to Crete & wouldn't volunteer to switch back to Shaffer.

tdawginahwa Thanks this.
  9. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    But then I know guys at CCC who are perfectly content driving a dedicated account run where they nail down a mighty 500 a month take-home, gone 6 days a week. To each his own, I guess.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    $500 a month, sure ok.

Dennixx and tucker Thank this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Now we know that all you're doing is trolling...you make your story seem much more like lies when you keep on doing this

Astoh Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.