You never know, becarefull out there.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Oscar the KW, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Shadowed

Shadowed Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Northern Wisconsin
    Ouch.. It is going to be interesting to see how structurally sound that trailer is after that. Everything may check out fine empty until you get a heavy load on it.

MNdriver Thanks this.
  3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I am making a round trip to Georgia with it now, only have 18,000 on it now. Will have 25,000 on it coming back. When I get back if everything goes well I will pickup my new trailer.

4. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    There ya go, no outriggers will drop a crane every time. Was he working over the side of his truck lol?

Never mind, I just seen the pictures. He couldn't have set himself up for failure more, if he had tried.

Glad youre ok.

5. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    [​IMG]

Maury: And Kenworth, you ARE NOT the daddy...

Kenworth: Quit hugging me ###### !!!!

Clasix1055 Thanks this.
  6. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    Well, the operator is an idiot. I operated cranes for a few years before I got into OTR. Any operator who would not put his outriggers down is an idiot. He's lucky no one was hurt. I've picked everything from 1800 pounds to 200,000 pounds. You never skip anything to save time. It's not worth it. And that's just a little boom truck....dude should be ashamed of himself.

Sometimes things are heavier than what customers tell you but you're just asking for trouble taking short cuts.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Wonder if he was union...

8. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    No pads under the out riggers either on asphalt! That's a crime in itself! You guys think truckers get beat up by judges. You ain't seen nothing till you've seen a crane house get taken to court. The fines are LARGE.

9. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I had a crane guy in Utah tell me he could stand a 10'x30' sand silo up on my trailer because "He didnt need to use a tail crane". When I brought my concerns to the head rigger I was told "Stand aside driver, we know what we are doing". They only did about $10,000 damage to the silo, their crane and their pickup, but not my trailer.

10. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    one day while getting pallets of coils unloaded from the side, a forklift driver, put the forks under pallet & lifted up, pulled back from trailer, forks went down, he went up, still strapped in his seat, he almost pooped his pants. he lowered the forks & slowly came back down. nothing damaged but his ego.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.