You Want Someone to Set an Action Date?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 7mouths2feed, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Sergeant-Scream

Sergeant-Scream Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Gallipolis,Ohio
    7 more days and mine is sitting along too

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pathfinder

pathfinder Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    central,MN
    I realize how important this is, however as a company driver with forced dispatch, what can I do? It's not my truck to park. And I can't refuse to move for a week? I want to help, but I can't afford to lose my job either. I know i'm not alone in this situation. Please understand, I know my job is ultimetly at risk as it is. I want to help, but seem to have limited options at this time.

4. Matthews

Matthews Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Akron,OH
    I am also seeing ALOT of APRL 1st - ????
    :yes2557:

5. 68gtx

68gtx Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Plainville,IN
    I own 12 trucks and have 16 owner-operators and my trucks will not run on the 24th. I have asked the owner-ops to do the same. My company drivers are all onboard with this too. We are still planning a convoy next Month to Indy. We need everyone's support to make this work. I will be in Louisville passing out flyers Friday. Look me up!

6. ontheball

ontheball Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    castalian springs, TN
    Do you think ONE day is going to make a difference? That won't affect the public. The stores won't run out of product in one day. The public doesn't have a clue about the trucking industry. I don't think the majority of them realize that without trucks Walmart wouldn't exist. We can't survive much longer the way things are now. This strike oops..Repair Day...needs to make a huge impact or all we will be accomplishing is losing a days pay.

7. Matthews

Apr 5, 2007
    Akron,OH
    Yes, Even 1 full day will make an impact!
    what the general consumer or everyday worker does NOT see is what goes on behind scenes.

For those of us that have been there CORRECT me if im wrong - PLEASE! Which I know you will.

The everyday person does NOT see the Freight terminals or CROSS DOCKS. They are working 24 HOURS a DAY and sometimes depending on the Carrier they are working 7 DAYS a week!

1 DAY shutdown WILL impact the nation as we know it.
    2 Days will show a big impact and,
    3 Days store shelves should be getting bare or if not the general public in panic. Media at this point will be HEADLINE news and WALLSTREET Stock brokers loosing their ##### on what CRUDE is going to be when we are "NOT" using any.

Thats my OUTLOOK on just 3 DAYS! Can we only imagine a full TRUCKERS week?

I am " NOT " the #1 Supporter of a TRUCK STRIKE but by god if the Petitions and the media cant do anything about it?

I guess we have no alternative?

All the best,
    My 2 Cents.... Like always...
    Matthews

REGARDLESS - Something NEEDS to CHANGE NOW! Not later!

8. ontheball

ontheball Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    castalian springs, TN
    It's going to hurt us to strike, but I think it will hurt worse not so far down the road if we don't. We did an interview with the news media here in TN. They just talked about high fuel prices. Do you think we coudl utilize the media to alert more O/O and small trucking co. about the strike? If only a few of us strike and it's not a nationwide effort, it's not going to help.

9. ontheball

ontheball Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    castalian springs, TN
    On Get loaded they are sending out flyers for April 1st.

10. Matthews

Apr 5, 2007
    Akron,OH

Wow, thats Shocking right there.
    They are ONE of " 1 " of the bigest Freight Boards that I know of. And to HEAR that they are doing that alone SHOCKS the hell out of me...

Just "Wow" So.......... If the BROKERS are not pushing this... WE ALL know its getting out there and WE all know its going to be a BIG DEAL!

11. ontheball

ontheball Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    castalian springs, TN
    It's on the message board not on the main pages. Wouldn't that be awesome if you could get that kind of coverage?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.