Your favorite Tall Tales and Lunch Counter stories.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dockbumper, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    What ever happened to shogun? He could tell some comical stories!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    well, since we’re telling our stories on how we managed to get out of our situations- I might as well finish the story. Lol. The “creativity” the city folks used was some guy (total stranger) went to his truck, got a 2 ton jack out of his car and jacked the illegally parked car up, right under the drivers side door. Bought me the inches I desperately needed to get by and none of us looked back.

I often think back if the owner of that car came out in the middle of this and saw his car tilted sideways. Or what about when he actually did come out- hours later, and all his stuff was slid towards the passenger seat? He was probably like WTF?!! Hey, that’s a true story, and I came away that day understanding the city ain’t no joke. Those folks are survivors

4. lynchy

lynchy Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2010
    off the grid
    Used to work for a firm here in UK,did railway repairs,wagons hauling rail plant,ran on log book,red diesel,as opposed to tachograph,n white diesel,apparently,railway emergency,jobs exempt from UK transport regulations,we were always on 'emergency' jobs!
    One of the owners did do time for £1million scrap rail theft,him n principal contactor boss decided all scrap from major job was theirs????

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I saw those on a truck last week or two. I was at the Pilot in Fernley NV.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I forgot that classic.
    Cop "I'm ordering you to drive over that illegally park car."

7. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Hauling equipment for USFS fires.

Bud A., Trucker61016, tscottme and 6 others Thank this.
  8. John E.

John E. Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2021
    New Brunswick
    Well, Well, Well, Was at a lunch counter one evening late and a Driver came in and sit down beside me. Made some small talk, then He started on His road to fame. Was a World War 2 Veteran, stationed over in Germany, told me He got wounded and was sent to a Hospital in London, England.
    Eventually, He healed up and bought an Indian motor cycle, Looked me straight in the eye and mentioned that He would drive by Buckingham Palace a cpl. times a week. Told me He would pick up Her Majesty and ride around with Her on the back of His bike for a cpl. hrs.
    Told this Driver that I wouldn't mind partaking in some of the over the road dope He was on.
    Conversation ended quickly.

9. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Not what was posted Sir.

10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  11. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Let's be honest, with a light load and good horsepower, you can do that going only 5 over the speed limit (most of the way).

Sons Hero, Freddy57, John E. and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.