Your Opinion On The Colorado Trucker

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Opus, Dec 14, 2021.

Fair or No? Simple as that

1. Fair

29 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. Not fair

24 vote(s)
    45.3%
  1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Even the judge said it wasn't fair but it was the law. The only reason it's so high is every count is to be served consecutively.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    dwells40, buzzarddriver and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that is correct, it was the law...and in my opinion, that judge is (to me) a good old fashion "hanging judge", and we need more like him.

rather than those namby-pamby slap on the wrist snowflake judges.

TheLoadOut, dwells40 and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Except the judge gave him as light of a slap the law would allow. Or did you miss the point he gave out the minimum sentence he was allowed to on all charges. And the charges that were allowed, he has them run concurrently. (I think it was a total of 10 years he got that can be concurrent, but I may be remembering the exact number wrong.)

6. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  7. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    They are not accidents, but crashes or wrecks that simple. I seen a woman on a video earlier talking about it was an accident due to brake failure. Clueless really is what she is.

In the end we are professionals and held to a higher standard. Suck as it may that’s just how it is. He protected his life to the end to hell with the others........Not how a professional driver handles things. He had other choices before it got that bad. Sure they came with consequences which is why I think he didn’t take them. He was hoping to drive it out of it. No one can really ever be sure of what he was thinking or his actual comprehension level with the English language. Negligence is just that whether it’s from chemical impairment, not understanding road signs, poor maintenance, or lack of training. In the end it has the same meaning......not caring enough or taking the job serious enough. Harsh I know, but what if it had been your family involved?

striker, buddyd157, drvrtech77 and 6 others Thank this.
  8. andy7029

andy7029 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2020
    110 years is NOT fair. It's not justice. He deserves punishment for those careless, reckless decisions he made. His sentence must be lower than murderers, serial killers, serial rapists.

Justice and Vengeance are different

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    No not 110..he deserves some punishment but not like that..

Opus and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    screenshot.png
    The red X is where the crash occurred, the black circled area is the C470 interchange, instead of praying, he could have taken any of the 3 ramps, yes, it would have been a fatal for him, the blue arrow is the ramp to US 6 (6th Ave), the next 2 miles are partially uphill and could have helped to slow him, the ramp to US 6 is shallow enough he might have kept it upright, but even if he lost control, he would only taken out himself and dumped his load.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.