Your opinion?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by didntitellu, Feb 25, 2008.

1. didntitellu

didntitellu Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    I want to share something I experienced today and get your thoughts on the matter.

I got a letter in the mail today. The letter was to inform me that my bank account was overdrawn to the tune of $290. The last time I looked at my balance I was in fact broke but I did have a $3 positive balance. That was in November. The account has not been used since. So I called the bank who told me the account had been closed, and after several more calls and much aggrevation I finally found out that the transaction that put it over balance was a "card purchase", meaning my debit card was used. The transaction took place on 12-03-07, in Polk City Florida at a Loves truck stop. My log books, show I was on breakdown in Denver Colorado at the time and had been since 12-01. Further I have motel reciepts and freightliner repair documents to back up my personal location. No one has access to my account. And the bank insists the transaction date "not the posting date" was on 12-03-07. They do however still claim it is a legit purchase made by myself. Finally one of them told me to file a police report and send them the results of that investigation. Maybe they would adjust/credit my account based on those findings.

So I talk to my local PD. They need copies of my statements....which I do not get. So I call the bank and of course they cannot retrieve them since the account is closed. But will submit a request to the proper department. I should hear from them someday I suppose on that.

My question is has anyone heard of any theft in either the Denver Co, or Polk City Fl. (near Lakeland) area? Anything happen around early december? My company does not use Loves for our fuel stops so I dont stop there very often. I think I have visited a Loves maybe twice ever.

Suddenly when the officer called my bank they changed their tune to it "might" have been a telephone purchase or internet purchase. Loves does this? Sounds to me like the bank made a mistake and is going to lie, cheat and steal my money to keep from admitting fault.

What are your thoughts? Am I pretty well stuck with this bill?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jeff1200

jeff1200 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2008
    spokane wash
    I dunno sounds pretty fishy to me. I'm thinkin I would be asking to see the signature on that purchase.

4. didntitellu

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    The bank says the collection agent has that info, and the collection ppl say the bank has it. So at this point it is up to the officer once I finally get the statements he needs to get a copy of the bill or signature. Hopefully they will provide it for him since they all make me chase my tail.

5. BGatot

BGatot Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Minneapolis MN
    Banks are notorious for these kinds of things! :biggrin_25516:

6. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...

So is ADP:biggrin_25513:

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I know, that's why I keep my money in my mattress. Wait a sec... I don't have any money... scratch that! But if I did have some, that's where I'd keep it.

Seriously, I just closed my account with the last bank I will EVER do business with, over a bogus charge to a debit card. Same kinda deal--my checking account was overdrawn because the only time I ever put money in it, was if I needed to pay a bill. Suddenly $76 worth of charges show up from a gas station on three different transactions the same day. Bank was no help... cops were no help... and the gas station was no help.

Be forewarned, if a crook gets ahold of your debit card, it does NOT offer the same protection as a Visa. They can drain your account and it's tough $#!# for you, sucker--too bad.

If a crook wants to get my money now, he's gonna have to fight me in person for it.

8. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

I had several bogus purchases made with my debit card too a few years ago. Drained my bank account, racked up overdraft fees, etc. Filed the police report, bank took care of everything, all money was returned including every last overdraft fee. It was annoying, but completely wrapped up and money returned in less than two weeks.

Just thought I give you a story with a happy ending. Those can be hard to find sometimes.

9. gearjammer-2000

gearjammer-2000 <strong>Clutch User</strong>

Dec 18, 2007
    columbus Ohio
    one question have you EVER been to that loves??

10. didntitellu

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    No sir I havent. We have a fuel stop in the area so I always go there when I'm in that in that area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.