your opinions on the Western Star

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by universal10, Nov 22, 2012.

1. universal10

universal10 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2009
    winnipeg
    Company that wants to hire me wants to put me in a 2007 Western Star, not sure what model buts it for long haul. A buddy of mine says they are horrible. That the insulation is terrible..cold and noisy. That the interior and fit and finish is horrible.

Could i get some actual drivers of the Star to comment how they like them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    i have a 2004 Lowmax. Fit and finish is the same as any other truck I've ever been in. They all have little squeeks and rattles that you will learn over time and find ways to fix them. As for cold and noisy, mine is the complete opposite. Quiet and stays quite warm even after shutting it down in cold temps..... the ride is very nice and they are built for rough use and jobsites. I think your friend might be a little bias about a specific brand, as most guys are and like what they like.... but it's not your truck, so who cares as long as it keeps going down the road and making you money. And that being said, how ofter do you see a WS in the shop??? Not very often

4. oldwestern

oldwestern Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2012
    St. Charles, Mo
    2001 constellation 4964 very quiet and well insulated really comfortable to drive cab floats well hauls heavy loads much better than most other trucks i have driven. liked it so much i bought it from the company when they were going to get rid of it on program.

SHC Thanks this.
  5. Starline

Starline Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Middle Tn

I have the same truck 2001 4964 EX and its been the best riding truck I've ever had the privilege to drive. I've own mine for 8 yrs now and I have no plan on getting rid of it... not as long as it can be rebuilt.

I couldn't say about these new Freightliner built trucks, but you cannot beat one built in BC Canada

6. DIESEL DEMON

DIESEL DEMON Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Pass Christian,MS
    Great trucks, built to stand the test of time...my grandpa has ran them since the 70's when they were still white western star's! SHC send me a pm, my account has been inactive an it want let me message you, thanks

7. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    Western Star trucks does not produce a standard model, all their trucks are built to order, spec'd by the buyer.

They build some plain Jane units and some really tricked out trucks.

8. espnsdad4

espnsdad4 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2012
    michigan
    drove one in '06. best truck i've ever driven. hauled heavy scrap with it in KY. felt like i was pullin an empty all the time even through the hills

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.