Your opinon on wreckless driving

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by T-BONE JR, Oct 29, 2012.

1. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL

Is he planning on changing jobs then.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T...Street

T...Street Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2012
    randolph co. NC
    No excuses for that sort of behavior...Zero tolerance. IMO it shows a propensity of being unable to make correct decisions...not a good thing if you want to be a professional driver. Look for employment in another field.

4. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    If he is driving for you, why are you asking about if he can find a job with another trucking company?

5. Truckinchic

Truckinchic Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2012
    MA
    I kinda gathered he's actually the buddy hes talking about..If he has this buddy of his driving trucks for him he would know all this already. To much just dont add up with this guy's so called buddy aka T-bone,,,hahahaha..

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    ummm, i was once a drunk. in my younger years. and only on the weekends.

guess i just proved your once a drunk statement WRONG.

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Whereas an alcoholic is considered to be a "drunk", a "drunk" is not necessarily an alcoholic. There are those in the medical profession who classify alcoholism as a disease and as such, once an alcoholic --- always an alcoholic. In their opinion, one can be an alcoholic without ever consuming alcohol.

If y'all were in charge of hiring and two applications were on y'all's desk, --- one an "alcoholic" with 30 years sober and a fear of that lifestyle, and a twenty-something applicant with a "NO FEAR" decal in their 4-wheeler window, I wonder which of the two y'all would hire. The one who's been there, done that, and has no desire to do it again, or the one who hasn't been there or done that yet, and has NO FEAR?
    :smt102

NavigatorWife and rockee Thank this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    ROFLMAO.

i'll say this though.

it's not that i don't have the desire to still party like a rock star.

i just kinda grew out of that phase. LOOONG time ago. i started off as a 7 day party animal. never had a problem going to work. smothered burritors was my hangover cure. i could party again. but as i got older it dwindled down to the weekends only. and as i got older. it stopped being fun.

i never got into trouble. never caused fights. i just realized the money i was spending. and let's face it. we all gotta grow up and act our age eventually.

so would i be considered a drunk? cuz i only did it for socializing. never was the one to just stop at the licquor store for a bottle on the way home. bar drinking i like. home drinking i don't. even if it was a house party. i've always been a bar drinker.

do i still do it. not really. just don't have the ambition to get dressed up. and alcohol don't work well with me these days. but on occasion i will go out. usually for a couple of hours then i'm bored and come back home.

getting out of the house for a couple of hours kinda beats sitting home sometimes.

so does that make me a drunk, or ex drunk. cuz i only considered myself a socail drinker. not a flat out HOME drunk.and defenitly didn't have to do the hospital sobering up thing.

would i be considered a sober drunk??? cuz i still have a drink occasionaly. just don't get drunk.

and my drinks WERE beer and shots. not so much the shots anymore. now it's just a beer.

never drank the hard drinks.

9. derwood

derwood Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    he is in a catch 22, even when he gets to the 3 years and they drop off, then since he has not driven in 3 years he will be unhirable because of the not driving and will be required to go back to some sort of trucking school and take a refresher or a full course.

10. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN
    I have a wreckless driving charge on my MVR. Apparently a failure to use a turn signal ticket in Kentucky gets you one.

11. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    What is bad is you don't drink in front of your kids when they were being raised but once in awhile at home or very rarely at some of the pizza places which had beer, they get raised and now you are on meds that don't agree with alcohol so you don't do it still.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.