Your own personal driving "policies"

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by PackRatTDI, Jan 24, 2015.

1. indspirit

indspirit Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I was parking by 6:00 7:00 am less traffic and more room at the truck stop.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kidsdad

kidsdad Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    central illinois
    Fowling distance, always, my number priority. I don't cut off anybody, slow down and wait. I look far down the road, watching for traffic turning on to ramps when possible so I don't have to move over at the last minute. cb radio always on, I like to know what going on ahead when possible. I sit up high, on the wheel, I'm not here to relax, I'm here to work. Pretrip, you all know why. I keep in mind when to hammer, when not to. I go slow in truck stops, small towns, shippers, recievers, rest areas, ect. I'll hammer down, as long as I can keep safe distance. I always over secure my loads, there's no do overs. I turn my lights off at night for passing trucks, high beams during the day. and lots of little things that add up.
    b

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I've noticed more than one poster talking about using high beams during the day. Why in the world do you do this? Don't you know that you can still blind other drivers, even if it is daylight? Now it isn't as bad as it is at night, and the circumstances have to be just wrong, but it can happen. I don't know about you, but I darn sure don't want an approaching driver to be driving blind at just the wrong moment.

x#1 and indspirit Thank this.
  5. UKJ

UKJ Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    I hear this a lot, but wouldn't driving at night be preferred due to less traffic to deal with?

6. indspirit

indspirit Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2013
    They must teach it in CDL mill school I'm sure some scientists came up with a good reason why it is good.

7. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Watched a lady park her truck crossways in front of the entrance to the scale at the truck stop last night, get out and head into the restaurant and plop her ### down at a table for dinner. Unreal

8. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    There was 7 feet last nite between me and the truck to my right, watched a guy try to pull in. When he decided that wouldn't work he tried to back a 102 wide in. Tell me if the truck won't fit what in the world makes a guy think his trailer will. Mind you I was parked before both guys beside me in this dirt lot. So I had no control over empty space left. I did leave when I seen it was obvious that 7 foot gap was gonna cost me a hood

x#1 Thanks this.
  9. albert2

albert2 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Texas
    Keying up on your little texas star with my FATBOY 600 and giving bear reports.

10. TURKER

TURKER Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    I pick my nose.LOL

11. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    hey ST, can you share the make and model number of your dashcam? i will be buying one soon and yours appears to do an excellent job.quality video.

side note-IT IS ALMOST ALWAYS the company hand in a slow truck that will cut you off like that.96% +/- of the time that is the one that cuts me off.they wait until i am right up on them before they come over even though they had the last 3 miles to get over.

WHY?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.