YouTube Video Shows Man Tasered After Refusing to Sign Ticket

Discussion in 'Other News' started by firstcav, Nov 21, 2007.

1. firstcav

firstcav Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2006
    ""
    An internal police investigation is under way after a formal complaint was filed against a Utah state trooper who was videotaped Tasering a man who refused to sign a speeding ticket.

The officer's conduct has been called into question after a videotape of the incident was posted on YouTube.

The video, taken from a Utah Highway Patrol dashboard camera, shows Trooper John Gardner using a Taser on Jared Massey during a traffic stop on State Road 40 in Uintah County on Sept. 14.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312466,00.html

Sounds like another cop with anm ego problem to me.

You can be arrested for not signing a ticket in Utah? I think in Indiana it's optional.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    UNREAL!

THE cop actually told the other cop something totally different then what he had told the dude he put under arrest.
    WOW....just another fine example of what they call justice...:biggrin_25513:

4. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    all he had to do was sign the ticket and fight it in court....sign it and put an asterick not guilty by it....

he was argumentative, and wouldn't follow the orders.....he got tased....done deal.....

quit waisting tax payers money stories over

5. BumpInTheRoad

BumpInTheRoad <strong>Zippy</strong>

Feb 8, 2007
    On Life's Highways

The cop never did explain anything to him. Told other cop a different story , and was looking for reason to use his new toy. I would not have signed the ticket either. The driver was just asking about the 40mph sign, he has a right to ask and see it for his self.

6. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    The taser has come into the spotlight recently and people may have to start reviewing its use as a "nonlethal" weapon since there have been several high profile cases where people have actually died, including one immigrant who was waiting for his mother at the airport and was distraught because he couldn't get in contact with her. The police tasered him and he died.

7. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I guess if they pull me over in Utah, I will be the next person to be tasered...

I sign nothing without reading in full and contacting an attorney if something is not clear. Some of these citations indicate that you are agreeing that you were wrong and are considered an admission of guilt.

8. MsSage

MsSage <strong>The Zoo Keeper</strong>

Jul 3, 2006
    NW Panhandle Texas
    The cop was in the wrong. I come at this from a different angle. I only carry pepper spray while dealing with 144 convicted felons who would rather kill you than look at you. All enforcers of law should be trained and most are but they cant handle the "power" of being in charge.
    He proved his state of mind when he bragged about the guy "taking a ride on the tazor".
    This is not a waste of taxpayer money but a chance to change some of the training or maybe I should add the addition of more training for these officers. I know it is needed in TDCJ.

9. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Said officer should be treated treated to his own personal ride on the taser, administered by the most sadistic former inmate of a penal institution they can find to do it:biggrin_25516:.

10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I think the person he used it on should have the pleasure of returning the treatment. And also allow him to sit in the squad instead of allowing medical treatment as required by the protocols.

11. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I would agree to that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.