Youtuber Follies

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by merv85, Mar 22, 2023.

1. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    I made one out of PVC, for threading through coils, through gaps in layered loads, that had an open end to put a hook in and push through the gap on lots of loads, and it was a two piece that screwed together so it could be broke down and fit under the bunk. It was also a great tool for pushing edge protectors up under a strap to the top of lumber or other kinds of high loads.

cke, Kyle G., Ruthless and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018

I
    got one of these. It’s expensive but worth it. It folds down small so it’s same length as a winch bar. The two tabs on the top fit into the slots of a typical 12”x12” edge protector so you can slip it under a strap. You can also use it to push a strap between bundles to belly wrap. The long slit also can thread the end of a strap into it or hook the strap hook into it and pull the strap through bundles. Lastly it can unscrew and use the pole for other attachments such as pulling a chain through.

https://www.rankee.com/product-page/corner-guard-vee-board-extension-handle-3-8

CAXPT and cke Thank this.
  4. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    What was the reason she got fired? I didn't watch that part.

CAXPT and cke Thank this.
  5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa

I made a chain pole out of a 10 ft. stick of 1.5 inch metal conduit. I ran a tiny chain through it and made a loop at either end. So it kinda looks like a dog catcher snare. Insert pole, hook chains to loop, pull it through.

Then I took a 2 inch diameter stick of conduit with a threaded cap at the end, and bolted that to the frame of my trailer. That's where I stow my pole when not in use.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    exhausted379, CAXPT and cke Thank this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If she was driving for you would you want her plastering videos all over the place with your company's name?
    I don't think I'd like that.

7. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    She doesn't say, except to hint that she got into it with the dispatcher...then was told to bring the truck to the yard. Then she POV to Ohio, and then she again is standing in the yard and reloading her truck with her gear saying she came back, but won't elaborate. I guess you could look at all the mishaps she shows prior and make a guess. She does state she is not a .50 a mile driver, so that may have something to do with it, but if you ask me, .50 a mile is too much to pay her, as it is.
    :)
    She's totally unqualified for flatbed and espeically OS/OW, especially, it seems.

8. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    They sort of did it to them selves. Clearly they didn’t properly train her. Turned her loose and now she’s posting about it.

9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015

I invested 15 minutes of my life and came to the conclusion that if I had a company I would never hire any of the YouTube drivers to work for me.

TripleSix, merv85, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I didn't watch it, but it almost makes me miss Sergie on Heavy Haul TV!

exhausted379, merv85, CAXPT and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Basically she’s had to take down some old videos that showed the old company logo because after she quit people started threatening her old boss and his family. She also said complaints had been made about his company too.

merv85, CAXPT, Kyle G. and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.