You've heard of a TONU how about a BONU?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by fuzzeymateo, Apr 29, 2022.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    How often are drivers intentionally booking two loads at once?

I was told a story (so who knows if it's true) by one of our CSRs where a customer repeatedly would book a load with us and at least one other carrier, and whomever showed up first got loaded. For a lot of our customers, we don't enforce penalty clauses unless it becomes a frequent issue so the customer got away with it for a good long while until someone at the Puzzle Palace put their foot down.

Another time a customer canceled a dozen loads at 0630. The first 3 appointments were at 0700, the next three at 0800. The customer was upset that 5 of us were there to get loaded. Each of us was already on the way in by 0600 (customer is at least an hour away from nearest legal parking).

A last thought, every freight contract I've seen (admittedly a small number) has included a penalty for canceling within a certain time frame.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    :dark1:

4. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ
    A lot of brokers are former drivers. I myself drove for over 20 years. I get the animosity because I've seen your side of it; however, you can always go out and get your own customers and avoid the broker right?

bumper Jack Thanks this.
  5. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ
    I have no doubt this kind of nonsense goes on. Many shippers will send a chain email to 30 brokers and tell them to cover a load; thus, it's certainly possible that several trucks will show-up for one load. I won't participate in these games. It's too much work for too little money. If a customer uses other brokers I refuse to work with them.

KB3MMX and bumper Jack Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Smart people don't drive the truck. They book the freight on it.

KB3MMX, RefMata and fuzzeymateo Thank this.
  7. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Problem with that is many companies are using brokers only. I make my share of sales efforts and I've run into this many times. In fact, I work directly with a particular Transportation Manager but we have to keep a broker in the middle to keep his boss happy.

fuzzeymateo Thanks this.
  8. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Sorry Mr. Broker, that wasn't on the rate con.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.