Zero motor freight anyone remember or drive for these guys?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by rickway65, Mar 5, 2011.

1. panhead1950

panhead1950 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Saginaw, TX
    Yep, snd the Black Hawk was across the street from the Anchor! I married one of the bartenders there in ‘82! It’s now 2018 and still can’t get rid of her;-)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhead1950

panhead1950 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Saginaw, TX
    Yes! And the Black Hawk was across the street from the Anchor! I drove for Watkins leased to Zero and a 352 COE Pete. 350 cummins, no jake and a 9 speed. Cabbage was always fun! Married the Redhead from the Black Hawk in ‘82. It’s now 2018 and I still can’t get rid of her
    :)

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. gsmith2332

gsmith2332 Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    OKC
    I worked with a guy who drove for them back in 92 I believe it was. Name was Bill Hastings I believe.

6. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    We run out of San Antone

7. Nugget08

Nugget08 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2020

8. Nugget08

Nugget08 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2020
    Hi Walter,
    I saw your post from 7 years ago and wanted to thank you for such a complete and thorough account of your driving days. I just happened to remember a guy, Sam Bishop, in the seventies that I worked with for 10 years out of Portland, Oregon, North Pacific Canners and Packers. Zero hauled our frozen vegetables weekly out of Salem or Stayton Oregon with sometimes a final pickup in Kennewick, Wn. I dispatched
    trucks throughout the U.S. and worked with Sam during that time. He was a jokester and a very wonderful guy to work with. I was lucky enough to meet him when our company reps would all go out to dinner with him during his business stay in Portland. He was such a gentleman and everyone thought a lot of him. SJ

gsmith2332 Thanks this.
  9. Ktamsor2

Ktamsor2 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    I drove for Zero in '90. Texas to California. Mostly West Texas, and Oregon/Washington state. Apples to West Texas, caramels to Washington state, Meat from West Texas to Chicago, and back. Loved it.

gsmith2332 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs