C & S Newburgh NY. Not what I was expecting.

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by j76ny, Aug 30, 2015.

1. j76ny

j76ny Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Canandaigua,NY
    Alrighty, I'm going to break from tradition here and say I had an extremely pleasant experience here last Wednesday. I've read the reviews here, talked to other drivers and was expecting the worst but got the exact opposite.

I arrived 2 hours early for my 11am and checked in. I figured, why not, the worst that could happen is the yak me wait for my appointment time. No biggy. Not the case at all. After I paid the extortion rate.....I mean lumper fee, they got me right in a door, lock in and started. The unload was quick, a little bit over an hour. Given I had a load of Barilla pasta which I've seen take 5 hours plus before due to the breakdown process, that was the most surprising. When I went inside to collect my paperwork it was all there ready for me. None of this "youre done now wait 2 hours for you paperwork to be printed" nonsense. Rehooked to my trailer and away I went. I pulled out of there at 1115.

Here's the best part. I went up to receiving to use the restroom while I was in a door and along the side of the building they had a tent set up with a pretty big grill going full tilt. They had a TON of food there, hots, burgers, a variety of sausage, potato and mac salad, dressing for burgers and every cookout condiment imaginable. Apparently they had a certain amount of accident free hours and this was the reward.

Anyway on my way back to the truck I jokingly asked one of the people sitting there if this restaurant needed reservations and was told to grab a plate and help myself. Say what??? I was told, "There's plenty to go around and summers almost over so enjoy". I did exactly that.

All in all I would have to say I would gladly deliver here again. It might have been a one off type of thing, a temporal vortex might have opened up to another dimension but I will have to wait until next time to find out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    I will say you caught them in a good mood given the reward party for accident free hours. I used to drive part time for Webster Trucking out of that facility in 1999 and delivered there for one of my other part time jobs in 2004-2007, never had a smooth time there, even when I worked for their outbound transportation provider.

j76ny Thanks this.
  4. j76ny

j76ny Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Canandaigua,NY
    I can definitely see how it could become a massive headache.

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i can honestly say C & S has been my worse experience any where in the country

KB3MMX and j76ny Thank this.
  6. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah, I think you got 'em on a good day.

I've crashed a few company cookouts in my time on the road. :)

j76ny Thanks this.
  7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Write down that day&remember it.....cause that should now become your new lucky day.....doubtful it'll ever happen that way again....;)

j76ny and Longarm Thank this.
  8. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    After that experience at a C&S warehouse, I would've went to the closest convenience store and bought 500 lottery tickets.

j76ny Thanks this.
  9. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    I used to go in there frequently, was leased to one of their CHEP suppliers for a minute. Never a problem, in and out, even when delivering product. Their yard is a mess though, and not friendly at all to long-hood tractors.

j76ny Thanks this.
  10. j76ny

j76ny Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Canandaigua,NY
    I seriously thought about it.

‘Olhand Thanks this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Used to deliver bottled water to that place from Allentown PA. Would always get a late afternoon appointment and would be there 5-6 hours. My reload back to Texas would pickup in New Hampshire the next morning. This was on paper logs and I always thoroughly enjoyed running around New England in the overnight hours. So yea, C&S sucked but I made the best of it.

KB3MMX and j76ny Thank this.
  12. j76ny

j76ny Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Canandaigua,NY
    That's really all you can do at most of these places. Easier on the blood pressure lol

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.