DOT MEDICAL CARD

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by mightytrucker, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    If you are really an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, then they should accept your valid medical card from wherever it was you got it from so long as it is current. If they insist that you see THEIR doctor to undergo THEIR physical, well, let's just say it isn't reflecting well upon your alleged independence as a contractor. And if they insist you pay them to see their doctor and don't give you the option to go elsewhere? Well there's a regulation for that one, too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jescott418

jescott418 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    Yes I think I would run the old card but be warned another doctor may eventually ask you to have the sleep study done. It does appear that some trucking companies insurance carriers are pushing this because of liability.
    Unfortunately many big companies require you to go to a certain facility to get certified. Some will not accept a card from a unapproved place. But if you are disqualified you have some ability to seek a second opinion to keep your CDL. But that does not mean a company will hire you.

4. jescott418

jescott418 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    I did a lease with them but it's been a while back now. Schneider not any worse then any company with a mix of company drivers and contractors. Some freight I have learned simply is not offered to an independent because the rate is just to low to compensate the independent. That freight you probably don't want to haul anyway.

5. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Your 3 month is valid one. If they find out you had a 3 month after your two year and you use that two year, you'll be hit with driving without a valid medical card and whatever penalties the state your licensed is issued in for trying to ride on an expired med card once reported by citing state.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.