How often do you get a call from/about Schneider when you're home on your own time?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Grijon, Jan 29, 2016.

1. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    3 times, a mix up on their end, they thought I was someone else and kept calling me if I was showing up to work. Told them no until they realize they called the wrong person

Grijon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grijon

Grijon Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Thanks for the info, mickeyrat; I am curious about that, too, but this thread was meaning when you're at home, away from the truck.

I figure that my phone would be on silent when I'm off-duty in the truck, and I would quote rest=safety reasons if they asked why they couldn't get a hold of me while I was sleeping. Think that would fly?

4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Absolutely would work.

As for my situation I described I was running that account and going home near daily. Because of that I had an erratic schedule. Theres another way to run it. DBL had called plenty but I never answered before or after that one time.. Never heard a word about that.

Grijon Thanks this.
  5. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    You can also have a personal phone and work phone and just not answer it or put it on silent while at home. They don't pay well enough to be on call like some UPS driver. Time at home is exactly that.

6. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I was only called at home when they needed to change my load and my start time was changed other than that I was left alone.

Grijon Thanks this.
  7. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Sni called me twice before.. Both times they ask if I could cover a load. I check the load and never called back. Lol

8. Grijon

Grijon Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2015
    They left a voicemail? You're an IC, correct?

9. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Yes he is. The same thing happened to me twice. Once an IC on choice picks a load and then for some reason can't cover it, they try to get someone else on choice to cover it.

Grijon Thanks this.
  10. Dogals right foot

Dogals right foot Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Same here..only get a call when they need a load covered..be it a IC in trouble or a customer who has to have it.
    Oh yeah they call when I ignore them around the holidays..you know when they want to know when and how long you're going to be home.

Grijon Thanks this.
  11. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I came to Schneider as an IC 3 months ago...never been bothered when home, and they dont care how and when you are home. I really enjoy it.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

JOHNQPUBLIC and Grijon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.