Policy on inverters at Knight...

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Sad_Panda, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Is that cost passed to the driver?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    For now, they did order the camera with the option to plug in a driver facing cam. So take it for what it is.

Knight also has a history of saying one thing waiting until its all installed then changing the rules.

drvrtech77 and CasanovaCruiser Thank this.
  4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Not to my knowladge, and that would be pointless as its there trucks and inverters. Keep in mind I no longer work there.

Steel Tiger Thanks this.
  5. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    "They have projected within a year and a half of less" ..... meaning if at any point they want to pull the plug the rest of the drivers a screwed. Wait until they have one fire and they will ALL be taken out just as easily as they are installed! It is funny how they will now install power inverters but NOTHING about APU's because they say "It does not hold any resale value over the money they woulds save" ....

6. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I find it interesting that Knight in general has such a huge media presence, especially on YouTube, but practically no recurring presence on this forum.

Just a thought.

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    They do have a presence here, tho that presence stays silent. They are just here to observe and report when needed. They dont like platforms where they cant control or direct the conversation one way. Here they would be challanged, there is nothing in it for them.

8. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Yeap.

Always remember to hide your powerlevel at a terminal with Knight Transportation. Otherwise you can be called into safety for a chat about online posting.

Fajo Thanks this.
  9. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I'm guessing it's a real good one.

Fajo Thanks this.
  10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yes, just look at their dismal pathetic "sliding" pay scale.
    I can't refresh my FB news feeds anymore without one of their stupid desperate sponsored FB posts coming up. 8 out 10 comments are from former drivers. The other two are unintelligible questions.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's gouging. We got a 2500 peak 3500 for not much less than 500 in the TA over in Ontario CA once. Freightliner put in the thing at the dealer in Armarillo for a few hours wiring and labor. They used over spec'ed so that it will not fail easily. It never did.

Where do they get off profiterring on a #### inverter at so much money? You are like 1/3 of your money to a full APU that fits to the frame and provides all sorts of freaking 110 volt house power to the cab and sleeper.

They can have the precious cameras and autos. Hand me a manual.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.