Schneider and US Express joining forces?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Ebola Guy, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Earlier today I saw a US Xpress pulling a Schneider trailer. I didn't give it much thought. But later on I saw a Schneider daycab pulling a US Xpress trailer. One by itself is nothing to give a thought but two in one day, in opposite configuration? I spied this mismatch in the Chicago-Milwaukee area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    It's very common to see companies pulling each other's trailers. Customers that keep trailer pools with multiple companies equipment on site will load trailers with what they have on hand. In other cases trucking companies will contract the movement of preloaded trailers with another carrier if none of their trucks are available.

4. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Pretty common on dedicated accents. Company A runs out of trailer..product loaded on company B trailer. Company A drivers must notify dispatch so insurance can be transferred for the trip. Most big carriers have this arrangement.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    USX was ticked at Schneider for eating all the potato salad on the buffet. So he stole Schneider's trailer. Schneider said "you can't do that, I'll show you!" And he stole a USX trailer.
    At least that's what they said on channel 19 the other day.............

6. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Weird u mention it, I saw a usx with a orange trailer in a pilot near springfield, il 2 days ago....didn't think much of it

7. RedDirtDriver

RedDirtDriver Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    This has been going on for years. When I worked at SNI years ago, they said we would pool with other companies and use their trailers as well. Never really seemed to catch on. I think this was the time period when Don Schneider's son-in-law became a more prominent part of the company.

8. 6daysontheroad

6daysontheroad Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Strange. I saw a Jim Palmer truck pulling a Prime trailer the other day.

9. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    This has been going on for a while. It's for a dedicated account. You'll see US Xpress pulling Swift trailers too. Forget which account it was for.

At our terminal in Markham, we have I believe it's a Swift trailer that got totalled by one of our drivers. :biggrin_25520:

10. wisedriver30

wisedriver30 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2015
    The reason why they do this is for load capicity. Many companies do this when there short but need to fill capicity. Each received a percentage on that capicity load.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Wil-Trans pulls Prime trailers and also owns Jim Palmer Trucking.

6daysontheroad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.