Schneider sleep apnea screen?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Joker556, May 2, 2016.

1. Joker556

Joker556 Bobtail Member

May 2, 2016
    Does anybody know if Schneider does a sleep apnea test or screen during orientation? If so how and what's the aftermath of a positive sleep apnea test? I've never been diagnosed with it, but I can't afford to go to orientation just to get sent home for it either. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mickey the no good Paddy

Mickey the no good Paddy Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Richmond Virginia
    Your not going to get sent home, more than likely. I wish I knew exactly about Schneider, but I don't. Ill have three or four of them coming through my gate tonight. Ill ask them while I inspect their trailers.

I do know that most companies will provide you with a machine and deduct the cost out of your checks on a monthly basis until it is paid off. My grandfather went on a machine. He swears it has changed his life. I am not looking forward to needing one. (I'm well, Guard sized and my girlfriends tell me I snore) But, I am not worried about getting one. I sleep with whine noise as it is, and apparently the masks really aren't that uncomfortable.

akfisher Thanks this.
  4. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    You won't be kick out just for having sleep apnea. They will give you a cpap machine and an inverter of a sort for your truck.

I believe sni does screen for sleep apnea and test you if you didn't meet some requirement.

As for charging you, I'm not sure, how they work that out

5. Joker556

Joker556 Bobtail Member

May 2, 2016
    Thanks for the information!!!

6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Yes they will. And they will charge you. This is just another carrier scam to get into the drivers pockets.

7. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    They will probably send you to get your dot physical (even if you have a card). This is something you can ask your recruiter.

If they send you out for a physical, they'll measure your neck. If it's over 17 inches you'll get one more than likely. Also they'll check your tonsils, if they're big and look like it obstructs airway, you'll get one.

Lastly if you're fat, you can bet your sweet rear you'll get one.

8. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Schneider has its own company do your DOT...if you are big your getting a machine period and although its at a decent price you can buy a used machine for 400.00. Schneider requires an "auto" machine so you never have the expense of a sleep study. Failure to wear it will get you parked. Yes you must download the data every quarter. Im an IC with Schneider and have had a machine for 20 year...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    That's actually not bad. Wasn't prime charging like $1000-2000 for their machines?

10. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Schneider new is like 1500.00 the 400.00 was froma website...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    At least they let you buy used. I don't think prime does.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.