What a shame !

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by bzinger, Jul 28, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    The people that own the truckstop at Waco Nebraska have banned parking to non fueling customers.
    Why ? Cause they're tired of picking up piss bottles and trash .

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    So, truckers who fuel don't litter? I think they are simply tired of their lot being always full of trucks doing a 10 (non fuelers), or perhaps even longer and not having sufficient space to accommodate "fueling trucks" to park during peak periods. I can understand this, and as a small independent, you have to resign yourself to a small segment of independent truckers for fuel business, and the least you can do is also have a place for them to park for 30 minutes or 10 hours.

I'm sure trash pickup is a problem, but I suspect they will have that regardless. I see trashy behavior coming from all types of truckers and one thing they all have in common is that they all fuel daily.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Park at the Petro in York and walk over to Applebee's

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well... considering what we witnessed during the early year of the piss bottle, dontcha think the Truckers brought that on themselves? It gets to be a real hazmat situation sometimes even the best truckstops whose trash barrels overflow with human waste...

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    All of it costs money. Property tax for more commercial parking. Those dumpsters aren't free. It's little wonder the garbage is always overflowing and the parking is in short supply.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well. If the truckstop bans trucks which is the customer base and revenue livelhood, then they should not be in business long.

Define truckstop? Just a fuel stop? I think not. Here is why.

In my time a truckstop was a home away from home. Ive witnessed several being razed inside and out and coverted to where it is either like a walk up sub shop or fast food to stay 15 minutes and leave because there are no more full service staff resturant or lounge to rest in out of the truck. So they seek to increase revenue by making you the driver leave after a few minutes rather than suffer the expense of a full stop with staff and so on.

The first sign of change was literally the mid 90's when laptops became affordable with dailup modems we would take apart the table phone, rewire into the modem to access the internet (Except in Oklahoma where those phones travel over radio...) and reassemble phone back to original condition before leaving a few hours later. Unfortunately the truckstop suffered huge toll expenses on the phones and the sight of dozens of drivers soaking online rather than spending money in the arcade or something they started to rip it all out.

Cell Phones was the coup de grace on that.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    What's going to happen is instead of a few spots where you have to pay to park, it will flip and be only a few spots that are free, 95% of the spots will be payparking.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Dave_in_AZ, bzinger and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We already have that. Consider the 76 in North Brandford Connecticut as a example. That old truckstop had a large lot that was gated with where it was free if you bought fuel, otherwise 10 bucks per day. Which was cheap if you were getting paid time to wait before a NE pickup.

Foxboro is a alternate just off the interstate on US1 I think it was. That was a old stop that was rebuilt twice in my time with a much, much larger lot. Like about almost a half mile it seems. It's a awful lot of land especially after Amesbury burned. Amesbury was north of Boston and was one of the largest full stops including a complete hotel, bar, dance floor and saloon to eat.

But if you did not have money to pay the 76, like I did sometimes, I would go to Darien there is a old McDees rest area to park in by the trees back in the day. Free. I cannot imagine today with it's larger numbers of traffic now.

10. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Sad. I usually go inside and buy small stuff with cash if I stay overnight at an independent truck stop. Not my fault I can't fuel at their location. Oh well guess I just stay at the pilot again

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    What I see some drivers do makes me ashamed of being a driver!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.