Worst truck stop you have been to

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by brinkj23, Aug 28, 2006.

1. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Those travel plazas ain't truck stops.
    They might be good places to park, buy fuel, eat,......... whatever.
    I would not call them truck stops, they all disappeared years ago. And I miss them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    clearwater may be independent, but their not a TRUCK STOP, Simonson is also a travel plaza

4. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Exactly, even though I've been off the road for 2 1\2 months, I have seen a REAL truck stop in many years

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    A couple that I can think off the top of my head, Bouldercrest GA Pilot. Fully armed local police with bulletproof vests walking around inside the store. Was walking my dog just outside maybe 100 yards as a bird flies this hooded up youth was trying to sell me some dope. Yeah those cops are there to watch out for the criminal truckers trying to steal 3 for $10 movies out of the bargain bin I guess.

Madco truck stop in Romulus MI. lol they expect you to pay to park in the lot. $7 bucks for a filthy shower. Busted up laundry machines in the so-called 'Lounge'-- the drivers destroyed the machines so they could hear the TV. Walk next door to the Subway you would think you just walked across the border from a 3rd world country into the United States.

6. The closest I would give credit to would be. "Little America" out by the 68_yrd stick on 80.

And now that the restaurant is closed as of this past October.

The rest out here on the big road. Are just a bunch of Mega-fleet pee lots.

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  7. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    those are also travel plazas if you want to be technical.

actual truck stops, with maybe two gas pumps, or no gas pumps at allto keep away four wheelers, are as good as gone and dead. They have gone the way of the mom and pop corner grocery store.

once the big chains became prominent, catering to the mega fleets, this started ruining everything.

the ones that tried to stick it out, ended it up with potholes in their parking lots the size of moon craters. they ended up turning into worst rat holes than most of the pilots and loves before they shut down.

truckers inn in Nodine, Minnesota I90 exit 267 was a prime example. their food used to be legendary, 20 years ago when I was in high school, they already had a reputation for being trashy. 10 years ago, their building was literally falling apart at the seams. There is a kwik trip there now, and the parking lot is less than half the size it used to be

8. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Night Prowler Thanks this.
  9. 1nyrcn

1nyrcn Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Truckers Inn at Sauk Centre Minnesota. I fueled up there and parked for the night. Took advantage of the free shower with the fill up, and it took about ten minutes for the water to heat up and when it did, it was scalding hot. Also in the middle of the shower, the electricity went out. So Im just standing wondering what to do. So I just finished up with my shower. By the time i was done and dressed the electricity came back on. Went back to the truck and slept the rest of the night. Needless to say, I didnt stay there again.

10. DrivingPro

DrivingPro Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2007
    San Antonio,Texas
    Yea crappy truck stop but I founda great lot lizard there.

11. JasonL

JasonL Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2009
    El Paso, TX
    :biggrin_25522:
    What did she look like and how much did she charge? :biggrin_25522:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.