Worst truck stop you have been to

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by brinkj23, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015

That Madco dump is one place I avoid like the plague. Last time I tried going in there in the middle of the day it was totally clogged with expediter trucks.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    That madco is a great place to get robbed/stabbed/shot. I will risk running out of fuel before I ever go there.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    I was just there and they are repaving and leveling off now. And the showers and restrooms are getting a face lift. But if you want to cherish that place go about 2 miles east on 44 to irma travel center no ac in building coffee is in pot til ppl drink it. The mosquitoes will pick you up they are so big. Showers $7 for a disease with a splash of moldy curtains floors and walls. Wet floors and everyones old soap that ever bathed there. It has the infrastructure to be a good place but your going to have deep pockets to do it.

5. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    I use to stop in New Orleans and there was a little truck stop downtown, pretty scary stuff going on there at night.

Along Fulton blvd in Atl there is couple fuel stops that i wouldn't not even stop to top off winsdshield washer.

The J in Dallas at ext 472 is a one of kind place, the old Williams now a Pilot too.

6. atlasshruggery

atlasshruggery Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    The citgo on 94 at the border of Wi and IL. The place is owned by Indians who don't shower, so the place reeks of body odor. Nothing looks like it has been cleaned since 89, and the decor hasn't been updated either.
    The strangest part is the bathroom though. It is like some weird pre internet gay sex message board. Every stall, and wall is filled with gay sex invites with phone numbers, and trannies with phone numbers. I am pretty sure its the birthplace of hepatitis.

tucker Thanks this.
  7. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    First trip to Boston,what a nightmare,need to get paid by the hour to come here.1-2 hour wait at the fuelislands,Pilot,
    Sturbridge,Ma

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    That place is always that way. It's definitely on the avoid list. Used to be a fuel stop at my previous company but I'd always fuel somewhere else to make sure I had enough to get up and back. Only took once.

Scaling there is bad enough. I'll never fuel there again unless it's a bonafide emergency.

mjd4277, rocknroll81 and scottied67 Thank this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Just spent the weekend at the Dallas x472 J. Wow lots of hoods getting crushed this weekend. Lots of beggars and cops doing roving patrols. I originally came in and parked down below in the Idle Aire area and the guy politely kicked me out if I wasn't using IA.

KB3MMX and Ougigoug Thank this.
  10. the454kid

the454kid Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    King northCarolina
    T/A IN JESSUPPP MD. I WENT TO THE SUBWAY TO GET A SANDWICH AND THE WE'RE OUT OF BREAD AND DID NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE MORE

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Thats a plus actually, you didn't have to eat a cruddy Subway sandwich

truckon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.