12 MPH over, no ticket, but level 1 Inspection.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Cat1, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Cat1

Cat1 Bobtail Member

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I was stopped a while back for doing 12 miles an hour over the speed limit in Vermont by a DOT cop. I did not get a ticket or Pay a fine He asked for my license, medical card and log book which was up to date. I was given some form I had to turn into the company where they had to sign it and return it to the state of VT. What does that mean for me? I never heard anything since. can anyone explain this for me? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheRipper

TheRipper Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Inspection report? Do you have a copy?

4. Cat1

Cat1 Bobtail Member

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts
    No. I was given a form to have my employer to fill out. I turned the form into my employer at the time and that was the last that I ever heard about it. And as far as I know they where to sign it and return it to the state of Vermont.

5. TheRipper

TheRipper Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    All inspection reports have to be signed by the company and returned to the state. I believe

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Only if there is a violation

x1Heavy, tinytim and TheRipper Thank this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How long ago did this happen?Speeding is bad enough but in a semi is a double whammy.If you have a good mvr you're safe if not then you're walking on thin ice.Need to watch your speed if you value your cdl.You may not have got a ticket but your company knows you drove 12 over so they'll keep record of it.You might wanna ask your safety Dept where on my record is this speed warning if it isn't on your MVR.

x1Heavy and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Sounds like he gave you a warning on the Driver / Vehicle Inspection form. Should have made a copy for your own files. What happens is there is no way to fight a warning as opposed to an actual ticket so officers favor warnings to make the violations stick. This thing will be on your PSP report for 3 years and on your company's CSA score for 2 years. You're gonna have to run ultra clean for the next couple years because another big violation like this your company may fire you and with so much bad data on your PSP report will make it difficult to get a new job.

NavigatorWife, snowwy, x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  9. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    sounds like they're getting slick.
    You think you get off easy, with a warning - until you check the records.
    Scottied 67 is right - watch yourself for at least 3 yrs or you drive the couch.

10. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Isn't 3 years on CSA too? First year points are tripled, second year doubled, and third year just the points, with no multiplier.

NavigatorWife, x1Heavy and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  11. Cat1

Cat1 Bobtail Member

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, to get back to you on that. I believe it was sometime in March of 2017. I was just coming down the top of a hill and by the time I saw the DOT they where in my rearview mirror. Nice. I received this document from him with my name and license number on it. He told me to give it to my boss and have him sign it and send it back to the state of VT. I did not get a fine or warning and neither did the company I was working for. So, as far as I know That is not a citation or fine or a warning. But I unsure if that meant points on my CSA? is there any way to check that out? But what do I know I'm just a truck driver.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.