18913 no range shift

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by W Bench Farms, Apr 14, 2024.

1. W Bench Farms

W Bench Farms Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Having issues with an 18913. Transmission was rebuilt about 40k ago. Started out with a slow hi/lo shift at the beginning of the day, and also splitter would be slow in the am. After that it was fine the rest of the day. This week I couldn't split the top side. Last time it did this I added some air tool oil to the regulator and it cured it. No go this time. Removed the slave valve and it seemed slow. Took it apart and it was still slow, so replaced with new. Same thing. Now I'm getting air on the H/L line at the shift knob along with the S line. I've triple checked that I have all lines correctly connected. Have had the regulator apart and it's clean. At a loss for what I'm missing. Seemed like a simple stuck slave valve to me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    May be long shot, but it was on a 10 speed, I changed slave gear, everything you have checked, and also had to change the splitter itself on the gear stick, It was old and not throwing proper air from low to high.

4. W Bench Farms

W Bench Farms Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Finally figured out the issue. The regulator that was changed just before I had the transmission rebuilt was bad. Put shop air to each individual outlet, and all worked. Put it all back together and out shop air to the inlet on the regulator and no go. Bypassed the regulator and all worked. Changed it out and seems to be ok. These new parts have 0 quality anymore.

Stay Puft, blairandgretchen and Judge Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.