2015 Peterbilt 579 10-speed Manual Fuel Economy

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Zata40, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Anyone else drive this truck?

My company posts stats monthly on an online portal. My mpg is usually recorded as 8.1-8.3. But in August this year it says I got 8.6 mpg. Everyone else I talk to with the same truck says they get somewhere in the 7.5-7.7 range.

I tell them how I drive and everyone swears they do the same things as me.

It's starting to make me wonder if mine is completely wrong. I know I could just keep track of my fuel and calculate it myself, but I haven't been doing that. I believe our company takes the numbers from PeopleNet.

Anyone else here with a similar truck getting over 8 mpg consistently? I do see 7.9's during extreme cold winter months.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Is everybody driving the same region? You'll see big drops when you drive through West Virginia.

4. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Yeah we are all otr.

I was hoping someone else would stand up and saying they get similar mpg. It's hard for me to believe I'm getting almost a full mpg over everyone I've talked to. Our company pays based on performance. We get points based on things like miles driven, mpg, etc. With my truck, to get Max points on mpg I only need 7.9 (based on fleet average... we are only compared against same spec trucks). But I'm always above the maximum. I've only been driving a year and I don't feel like I try very hard to get good fuel economy. Maybe my trainer just taught me good habits. We got similar mpg in his truck, but he has a newer truck than me with different specs.

MarkH129 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.