3 International Studies Show Chloroquine with Azithromycin Shows 100% Success Treating Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Deadwood, Mar 20, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I believe it when I see it.

I refuse to allow good news, bad news, fake anything or imaginary news to blather on without proof. Show me the proof. Otherwise it's just BS.

IF there was a cure that nukes the covid19 in a few hours then I would assume that within a couple of days no one in the world will be sick thanks to that wonderbar drug eh?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Nah. Still got to make the stuff and distribute it. You are old enough to remember Smallpox and Polio, I think?

25(2)+2 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Smallpox was interesting, but not fun at all. I am vaccinated against Polio which was one of three problems in our family generations ago. TB being primary and MMR secondary. Had a MMR booster a few years ago when ex's blood test failed to maintain immunity against her MMR. So we both got a booster.

I vaccinated against pernomia twice so far in 10 years. The bacterial version not the viral so it may provide a defense against Covid19's mechanism of flooding the lungs. Unfortunately it wont matter if the ventilator is set too high blowing out the aveoli inside the lungs and thus bleed, then fluids then then then. drown.

What I find interesting was in the last few years people howled that getting a flu shot or some other vaccine for whatever outside of the Military requirements was BS. Its killing the kids and so on. I don't recall hearing any of that in the last 6 months or so as the world begs for a covid19 vaccine. Imagine that.

However. Trucking I believe is it's own vaccine. After the first year or two at most I stopped being sick from whatever around the USA and it really got good with some exceptions. For example Brick Plants, if it was not raining for a time and the place is dusty from the production and I take that in boom Im done. Same with powdered lime in bulk tanking. They actually found a amount of the stuff inside of me. Took years to resolve that. But the damage was done.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    On the 29th the US HHS issued this press release. I offer the release without commentary. This statement is NOT coming from the media. It is coming directly from an official US Government website.

FDA issues emergency use authorization for donated hydroxychloroquine sulfate, chloroquine phosphate
    The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) today accepted 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate donated by Sandoz, the Novartis generics and biosimilars division, and one million doses of chloroquine phosphate donated by Bayer Pharmaceuticals, for possible use in treating patients hospitalized with COVID-19 or for use in clinical trials. These and other companies may donate additional doses, and companies have ramped up production to provide additional supplies of the medication to the commercial market.

“President Trump is taking every possible step to protect Americans from the coronavirus and provide them with hope,” said HHS Secretary Alex Azar. “Scientists in America and around the world have identified multiple potential therapeutics for COVID-19, including chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. The President’s bold leadership and the hard work of FDA and HHS’s Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response have succeeded in securing this large donation of medicine. We’ll continue working around the clock to get American patients access to therapeutics that may help them battle COVID-19, while building the evidence to evaluate which options are effective.”

HHS’ Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) worked with colleagues within HHS, the companies, the Department of State, and the Department of Homeland Security to secure the donated shipments. Given the importance of understanding the efficacy of these medications for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19, federal agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health and ASPR’s Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), are working together to plan clinical trials.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to BARDA to allow hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate products donated to the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible.

The EUA requires that fact sheets that provide important information about using chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate in treating COVID-19 be made available to health care providers and patients, including the known risks and drug interactions.

The SNS, managed by ASPR, will work with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to ship donated doses to states. The SNS does not regularly stock either drug.

Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate are oral prescription drugs approved to treat malaria and other diseases. Although there are no currently approved treatments for COVID-19, both drugs have shown activity in laboratory studies against coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Anecdotal reports suggest that these drugs may offer some benefit in the treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients. Clinical trials are needed to provide scientific evidence that these treatments are effective.

When the Secretary of Health and Human Services declares that issuance of an EUA is appropriate, the FDA has the regulatory emergency use authority to facilitate access to unapproved medical countermeasures or unapproved uses of approved medical countermeasures needed to prepare for and respond to chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear threats.

An EUA may be issued if the FDA determines that, among other criteria, the known and potential benefits of the product, when used to diagnose, prevent, or treat the identified disease or condition, outweigh the known and potential risks of the product, and there are no adequate, approved, available alternatives. Emergency access to a medical product under an EUA is separate from use of a medical product under an investigational drug application.

The FDA has issued an EUA for multiple diagnostics, for several other medical devices such as respiratory devices and a system for decontaminating them to allow for their reuse, and ventilators and ventilator equipment for the COVID-19 response. This is the first EUA for a drug related to the COVID-19 response.

Sandoz and Bayer are the latest companies stepping up to strengthen the U.S. response to COVID-19, and ASPR is working with additional companies willing to donate doses of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine. Companies interested in donating goods or services should contact fema-nrcc-iagsupv@fema.dhs.gov or visit How To Help | FEMA.gov.

Use of the donated medications is expected to help ease supply pressures for the drug, and the FDA is also working with manufacturers of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to increase production to ensure these drugs also remain available for patients dependent on them for treatment of malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Some states and retail pharmacies also have taken action to preserve the supply of these and other drugs for these patients.

In addition to accepting and distributing the donated medicines, HHS is funding clinical trials of two drugs, Kevzara (sarilumab) and remdesivir, and is supporting the earlier development of multiple potential therapeutic treatments, vaccines, and diagnostic tests for COVID-19.

HHS continues to seek partners for COVID-19 medical countermeasures, and offers multiple ways to submit proposals for potential products or technologies.

25(2)+2, Deadwood and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is no such thing as strategic national stockpile.

IF people understood just how ... cheap Uncle Sam has been in trying to have this stockpile there is essentially nothing.

Its basically in name only. Very limited amounts of anything worth having for taking care of the children, er 50 states...

7. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Well it’s been a week now, and deaths are climbing guess this “cure” is no cure at all.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I think it would be a mistake to say this is a "cure". I do think with this HHR/FDA action more controlled clinical trials will start. Hopefully, the country will know something by the middle of April. Make no mistake though! These anti-malaria drugs are dangerous even lethal if used improperly. We will just have to wait and see what the results of these trials are.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  9. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    yeah from my reading it really only helps to make the recovery time faster. Sorta like Zicam does for the regular cold. Still need antibiotics...etc.

10. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Yes. Specifically it reduces the severity of lung tissue damage. Covid19 does severe damage to your lungs if the body can't control the infection fast enough. If the infection is kept from getting bad enough to significantly damage the lungs, then the disease is pretty much just another semi-serious flu.

11. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Used to treat Malaria

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.