30 Years of CRST: Some Insight For Consideration

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by milesandmilesofroad, Oct 31, 2013.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I . . . . don't know what to say.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Sorry. Had to gather my thoughts.

No disrespect to miles and miles of road, but CRST really is a bad company. Their CSA score is terrible. Their pay scale is Terrible. Their training is fairly awful. Theyre not far from a driver mill.

As dennisroc pointed out, you expect what the recruiter tells you to be correct.

There are far better companies to start out with, let alone spend 10 or more years with.

Reading your post pretty much confirmed the negatives for me.

4. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I keep hoping to hear about some really great companies but have not heard anything yet. Every company seems to have some issues so I guess I will keep looking.
    Would love to find a company with a good training program and be a good company to train and work for. I know I am a newbie but I am working now so I can wait till maybe something comes up.
    I am very serious about moving back to the USA and driving a truck but sure looks like I am going to have to pay my dues for a while.

Still searching. :)

5. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I drove there nearly 2 years on the company side. Made decent money. They aren't the best. They aren't the worst. I lurk silently in a lot of threads in the individual company forums just to see how experiences compare to mine and as far as the mega's go they aren't any better or any worse than the others. The team driving was an issue. If I were to ever team with my wife I would consider working there again. Wouldn't be my first choice but if you know how to communicate effectively it's not horrible.

6. select stay

select stay Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2011
    greeley co
    hay fat daddy i have been trying to find out about teaming at crst with my wife so why would u pick crst to team at with wife cause this is were we are leaning towards or swift at this point

7. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    As I said they wouldn't be my first choice but they would be an option. I never had a trouble with miles there. That's the main reason. Don't get me wrong there
    plenty of issues to deal with there. You need to be an effective communicator in order to get things done sometimes.

8. milesandmilesofroad

milesandmilesofroad Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Really? I don't think there's anything funny about what I say Truck Duo!!! You got it driver???

CRST didn't pay me to write anything and as a matter of fact, I don't recall asking you for your negative comment.

9. milesandmilesofroad

Oct 9, 2013
    I have not however it would not surprise me. I would think that to be a CRST Malone Flatbed gig

10. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    LOL

That's what everyone thought about 30 Years of CRST

dennisroc and Shadow Captain Thank this.
  11. milesandmilesofroad

Oct 9, 2013
    TruckDuo:
    gee I didn't think there was anything wrong with not being a job hopper or listening to idiots who advocate the grass is greener on the other side of the cargo box, because it's not. I own my truck outright, I have 4 million plus miles of safe accident free driving and been with only two carriers in 45 years. I can get hired anywhere!!! If there was really all these problems people talk about, why would I stay 30 years? Why would the average driver tenure be ten years?

So far I've seen three others come here and talk about issues they've had and this is three out of the hundreds of drivers we have here many being here 5 years or more.

No one stays at a job for years if there were problems, so don't read into every negative post you read. If you don't believe what I have to say than don't, it's your choice. I don't have to blow smoke up anyone's ###.

TruckDuo and d o g Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.