30m break in a daycab (I’m sure this has been answered already)

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Matts28, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Perhaps you are correct, but which year are you using for the green book?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I got a new one every year, started about 89 or 90. Finding out what, if anything, changed was how i earned my keep. Along with every other time consuming pia part of trucking. Basically all the stuff the old man didn't want to do.

Edit to add: at the time that #### used to really piss me off. My buddy's would spend their afternoons goofing off playing video games or outside and i got to spend mine doing ifta reports, getting trip permits, or wrenching on trucks or equipment. When i got older i figured out that all that "wasted" time actually gave me a ten year head start on everyone else. So now i get to listen to my kids complain about how their chores are wasting their time.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Dude there are still a ton of drivers out there who will swear up and down it is illegal to sit in the driver's seat of a parked commercial vehicle. That's why I made the video lol, this retired trucker watching my show 'informed' me I was breaking the law making videos sitting in the driver's seat off duty. So I broke out the old regulation book which talks about being On Duty "in or on any commercial vehicle" except in time in the Sleeper Berth and compared it to the new regs which state it is OK to log Off Duty in a "Parked" commercial vehicle except time in Sleeper shall be logged as such and not logged as Off Duty. (that's another argument for another day with @Moose1958 , who I'm still waiting for his answer from the FMCSA on whether it is legal to log Off Duty while in the Sleeper and vice versa.)

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. dkpix

dkpix Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Bingo!

Bean Jr. and Zeviander Thank this.
  6. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    If you are relieved of all duties, you can log it as off duty.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    What if you voluntarily wash your truck because you are bored out of your mind and want to burn a few calories? Ozark will NEVER ask a driver to wash their own truck but sometimes I do because I always enjoyed hand washing a car (ok a bobtail is much larger, it took ONE time washing to find that out) . I mean I am relieved of duty, I'm doing it on my own. My motor carrier is not asking or requiring me to do it.

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The regs in the green book would qualify that as work.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    scottied67 is correct. If they let it slide that you WANTED to wash your truck then that would blurr the lines for those who FORCE their people to work off the clock.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.