40 new Love's locations to be added in 2020

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by shatteredsquare, Feb 14, 2020.

1. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    Had whataburger for dinner, now I can't breathe. So delicious :biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    I think truck stops have always catered to the gp at least somewhat. They all have gas pumps as well as diesel. Its also convenient for a four wheeler. Get gas, food, and bathroom all in one place. Dont have to hit the BP, then the McDonald's. Loves, pilot/FJ etc have a better selection of stuff in the store too. As for a sit down restaurant, itd be nice, but for the most part they aren't any healthier or cheaper or whatever than fast food. The reserved parking is getting kinda ridiculous, but its saved my butt a few times. I make enough having to pay once in awhile isn't that big of a deal. Wish some of the places that charge would actually put some of that money back into the place though. Had to pay $20 to park at some dive near la because a customer decided to reschedule the pickup for the next morning.

4. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    The truckstops could not pay the rent, that's why they sold to the big guys. You guys are missing the point. The rent/taxes are too high for a legit truck stop to stay in business let alone profitable. Maybe land that is designated for truck parking should get some kind of incentive or tax credit?

5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    And you wonder why we cook in our trucks.

Better to do that then to not only pay taxes on our income, but to pay it again to feed ourselves on 3x overpriced truck stop "food" because the government overtaxes truckstops as well.

You wouldn't believe the prices at the rest areas in NY. Checkers, a cheap burger joint where you can usually get 2 of their biggest burgers for 5-6 dollars. In NY at their "Oasis" they sell the basic burger combo for 13 ####ing dollars!

But you save paying the 30 dollar toll twice by eating that garbage.

So I cook in my truck and don't eat any of their ####.

ronjeremyjr Thanks this.
  6. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NY Tristate Area
    Only those that spend money as many park and never spend any money at all.

7. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Thank God for love's. I'm so tired of pos ya/Petro that rapes you on everything.

ronjeremyjr Thanks this.
  8. geordi

geordi Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2020
    How nice of TA/Petro to give me one more reason to never stop there.

There's ONE Petro location that I know of that I would stop at, b/c their shop does good work and is willing to work on my RV when I need big stuff done. This one doesn't have gates though, and if they suddenly do - Then they lose the shop business from me too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.