60+ CPM THE NEW STANDARD?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by dogtrucker, Jul 19, 2019.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I would gladly work for $0.20 a mile if they paid me in those silver coins.

CorsairFanboy and Gambosa Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Did I not see this in a different post. I must not have read it. That's great.
    I will pay $100 for every 1943d penny you have.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Those specific coins contained silver up until 1965..... my mom used to collect coins.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    It's times like this that I hate being related to Nixon. When you're related to a #### president, it'd almost be better to have no blood in the White House at all

Knucklehead and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  6. StoneSSD

StoneSSD Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Richmond VA
    The companies that advertise this kind of pay put a load of exceptions on pay like Idle time less than 5% of operation in a truck with no apu...and so on.

Western flyer and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Plus most of those companies make the employee pay a quarter of their income for benefits. I'd rather make $0.10 a mile less and have an extra $1,000 in the bank at the end of the month.

Gambosa Thanks this.
  8. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    The cpm rate should not include per diem. The going rate for per diem is $66 per day away from home. Thats what I dont like about cpm. If the per diem is mixed in with the cpm, you cant guarantee the driver is getting the $66 per day in tax free income because your miles driven fluctuate. If going to a cpm company, the per diem should be separate from cpm.

Gambosa, PE_T and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The idea was to reduce the man-hours to tabulate it. Now with ELDs it's a lot easier, though usually an extra fee.

10. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017

Regional has its issues. The office folk are gonna be gone from 3pm friday until monday morning. Youre trying to make 5 days pay, but a snafu on monday means 5 days of work needs to be shoved into a 4 day bag. Paperloggers end up cancelling sleep for the week and run day/night so they dont miss a friday backhaul and spend the entire weekend just parked 300 miles from home simply because the office is closed.

300 miles a day regional beats me up worse than 500 a day otr, especially if my bread and butter run is a friday pick, monday drop, say 900-1200 miles. Otr has no weekend to get in the way. Regional is home on the weekend but pays a premium for it, atleast in my limited experience.

11. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    One bad run truly can screw up your entire work week, from what I recall going with my dad and what I’ve heard and read from others.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.