A good company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by WesternPlains, Feb 4, 2022.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    In that case - isn’t it a waste of time for forum members?

“I’m really happy, glad I did what I did, but can’t tell you why”

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I’ve said many times. A good smaller company is the best choice.

4. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    :laughing-guffaw: 15C595D0-6813-4B5D-BBAF-760486EFF2F6.jpeg Here it is february The company sends me...
    Oh the suffering! I can hardly stand it! :laughing-guffaw:

5. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Got a call this morning. Need chemicals delivered to plant in Freeport TX by Tuesday. Very important. Well... it’s Thursday...I’m about to deliver in Long Beach Ca. Pickup today in Canyon Country. Get load back in Denver. Drop and hook. Got 46 hours left on clock.
    I said: I’ll do it. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  6. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Since the mods moved this thread. I’ll go ahead and tell.
    Haney Freightways out of Denver, CO.
    I’ve been offered one of the new Western Star’s we have coming in. Haven’t decided if I’ll take it? I just went over 200k with my Volvo. 15 months.
    Those trucks are an addition. New drivers will get them. Which is one reason I might take one. Some of these guys will just thrash a new truck. I won’t.
    If you are interested. I can give info to apply. Well lease or anything.
    One thing that makes this home to me is they always try. Yes everywhere gets goofy problems. But we always try.

JoeyJunk and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  7. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I went through 6 companies in my first 3 years. First was one year just to show I’m stable. It was a complete fight to avoid violations. Swore I wouldn’t put up with crap again. Two were just not working out. Tried them though. Four were intolerable.
    I found a home here. What’s important is they try.
    I’ve now been here for 15 months.
    Taking 16 days off the beginning of April. Two full weeks at home.

8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Owner just told me. No way any new driver is getting one of the new Western Star’s.

JoeyJunk and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Just checked. Company is going to pay me over 60 hours of my home time. When I get two years in. There will be enough to pay me 16 days off every three months. Maybe more? I don’t watch that stuff closely.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  10. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I’m still very much liking this company after a year and a half.
    This was taken over by 3 people. The old owners daughter and two other guys in partnership. They’re working hard here. The daughters husband did run the dispatch office. He was really good with much experience. Now he does back office from home.
    The old owner still knows what’s going on. But face it. The guy is in his 80’s. Gotta retire sometime. He even sent me a text at Christmas wishing me well.
    Theyre always trying. Things get goofy as with all trucking companies. I’m sitting right now for 24 hours near Riviera Beach Fl. Couldnt get anybody good on phone at receiver to arrange one day early. I actually found a spot along a road to park. One mile from receiver. Across street from a Wawa. So got prepared food and stuff if I want. Didn’t want to drive 100 miles round trip just for a Pilot.

JoeyJunk, Speed_Drums and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Company has decided to go pay based on performance. No details yet. They smile at me about it. I just run. None of this home time every month bs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.