A question never answered about Bobtailing on No Truck roads

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by OOwannaBE, Feb 14, 2017.

1. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    There wouldn't be much of a forum left it that happened all the way around.

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That's when you pop that card out of your dash cam to preserve the video evidence of the one cop directing you to follow that route and play it in front of the judge. "I was following the officer's directions, your honor." It is called entrapment. You wouldn't have been on that road had the other officer not directed you to take it.

NavigatorWife and SingingWolf Thank this.
  4. OOwannaBE

OOwannaBE Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    So it looks like this question will still be left unanswered as far as Bobtails on No Truck roads without any detailed restrictions such as weight or height limits.

RollingRecaps Thanks this.
  5. RollingRecaps

RollingRecaps Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2016
    We had a shipper in StLouis that was on a No trucks allowed street.. Shipper said go slow because the residents had been complaining there foundations to there houses were cracking due to the truck traffic.

misterG and OOwannaBE Thank this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    No truck roads was pretty common in california. Those were my favorite destinations to load/unload. Trailer got really quick attention to get me out before the cops showed up.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia
    Amen to that. The deputy sheriff where i live patrol my neighborhood like clockwork. Never have they bothered me about my truck or trailer being parked on a truck restricted road.

truckin_with_j Thanks this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    No, it was answered...
    The answer is simply it depends....One other thing to remember too is that those signs simply point out the road is restricted. Somewhere in some city hall that owns said road is the law/regulation which specifies what a truck is, and any exceptions. Just because it says no trucks, with no weight restriction sign, doesn't mean there isn't a weight restriction. Same goes for height restrictions too.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  9. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    this happened to me, minus the cop and ticket portion. dude rolled a truck on 64 in ky so the local yocal sent me on back roads for 25 miles through several one horse towns. i was double placarded to boot. but it was 3 am and i had a good alibi so...hammer down.

10. OOwannaBE

OOwannaBE Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    That is not an answer. If it says "No trucks, including bobtails", then that is an answer. Perhaps there is no clear law written which is why there is no definitive answer and people are just guessing what it means. Or it could mean no trucks with trailers so a truck without a trailer is allowed

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    There are clear laws, and it is an answer. I'm guessing what you want is a federal law, and there is none.
    There are (as of last US census) 3,144 counties and 19,354 incorporated places (towns, cites, townships, villages, etc) Every single one of them can, and most do, have a definition in their laws and ordinances what that sign is defined as. Remember, there are more trucks than a STAA type of semi out there, and these towns know they need to take that into account.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.