Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    I haven’t driven for a common carrier in a long time but Knights one with a good rep

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    Charlene Darling was hot.

4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    And Abilene is even better.

slick mick and Silverdriver Thank this.
  5. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Word of caution...
    If any one is picking up a load at "Byhalia, MS... Volvo. If you are taking 385 to 72 there is a police officer taking a good advantage of the speed changes because of the construction ( Making his Christmas bonus). I went into Volvo and he had one car stop giving the person his Christmas present "Ticket" and one hour as I was coming out; he had another person also giving a ticket. Don't give away your hard earned Christmas money! Be safe!

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So yesterday, while they were working on my truck, I went to rescue an abandoned truck.

Rode up with a local driver, and that was a rather nice little bonus to meet a fellow driver.

But it just blows my mind that a Driver would just walk away from a truck. It’s been sitting at the local freightliner dealer for a month. Still had bread on a shelf and food/drinks in the fridge. Some flag strung up under the upper bunk. And gloves, tire thumper, windex, etc in the doors... even left a 12v clip on fan.

I know people walk off the job or just don’t return for their next day’s work, etc... so Trucking is not unique in that... but here we are driving a $150k company vehicle and you don’t even attempt to get it back to the Yard?

It just blows my mind...
    that guy just burned his CDL

JohnBoy and Silverdriver Thank this.
  7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Are you sure the driver didn’t get sick or injured?
    We just had a driver tear something in her knee in Montana walking in the ice.
    3-6 weeks recovery time after surgery, they had send someone out to recover the truck. Or the truck would be In the shop shop for major repairs and rather have the drivers sit in the motel 2 weeks have them come get another truck. We’ve had both scenarios in the last week happen. Sometimes it’s not as it seems but sometimes it’s also Occam’s razor as you stated.

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Getting ready to leave Barstow. Who else is headed to Richmond?

9. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I am already here. Very weekendish around these parts. No bobtail parking to be had inside the fence. I'm parked outside on the dirt by the guard shack.

We are fully stocked with toilet paper, though, so there's that.

Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I used to like going to that Flying J in Barstow. There’s a GREAT pizzeria about a block away with tons of micro brews on tap.

MidWest_MacDaddy, Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Yep. Very weekend-ish. It’s amazing how many drivers take the weekend off. Must be nice. I was just in there about an hour ago. Will be back in about 3 1/2 hrs to drop another load and then try and find another mty to head home with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.