AC problems, line looks iced up. Blows cold but not %100

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Chicago123456, Aug 25, 2021.

1. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Thats no actually true, genericsizing the brand into the product is a big problem for companies, it makes it nearly impossible to protect copyright and patents

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    You’re thinking of Trademark. You can’t lose copyright and patents have time limits anyway.

They *might* lose the trademark, but I promise you that’s *usually* an acceptable trade off (if it happens) for companies like Xerox, Kleenex (owned by Kimberly Clark) and others because they’ve made BILLIONS off of the name if it’s To the point of being an interchangeable name.

But yeah, on occasion the loss of trademark can be problematic (aka Washington Redskins).

4. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Both xerox and kimberly clark waged campaigns to PREVENT it, google, johnson & johnson, hell, nintendo fought it out both legally and in the public in the early 90s and is the reason all game consoles arent called "nintendos" now.

Companies fight this tooth and nail, and have for decades, i highly doubt theyd spend millions on doing that simply on principle while raking in money from "trademark erosion" <-- other technical term

Though yes you are correct i misspoke on patents, i would hazard a guess that thats going to be an interesting case that crops up in the near future (next 100 years) with such a connected world.

5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Of course they’re not going to just say Yeah OK in terms of other COMPANIES infringing, but that’s not what I was talking about in my original post. If the consumers are all referring to a copy as a “Xerox copy” or a tissue as a Kleenex, these companies have indeed achieved marketing nirvana and they’re very happy about that.

Other companies trying to horn in on the name is problematic, sure. But your argument is like saying “That HUGE pay raise you got is bad! It’s going to put you in higher tax bracket”.

By that logic an artist should never want a multi-platinum selling album because someone is sure to try and copy it. Sure they will, and the artists will (and DO) sue for royalties. But, win or lose, they still made their millions on their music. It’s no different for these brands.

Again, it’s a good problem to have.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Well, I helped a friend on his a/c today. It was blowing mediocre. We charged it up, but It wouldn’t cycle off, changed the high pressure switch. Still wouldn’t. Till it was over filled, and started rapid cycling. We finally got it right, working good, with proper pressures. I added a 12 Oz. can to mine, since I knew it was a can low. Expecting to show him how it should be cycling off, and working with the fan, when properly charged. Mines working great. However it won’t cycle off at all either. I’ve never seen that before. Especially when it so hot and humid. We were told the outside temp is so high, that the temp sensor in the coil won’t let the compressor shut off. Never heard of that before. Wondering how accurate it is. Anyway, I always thought if the compressor doesn’t cycle off at all, while idling, the system was low on refrigerant. Guess I was wrong. My Trucks got exactly the right amount.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.