Always get out and look

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by roadmap65, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    you sure about that?Site your source. Even drive ways have to have that minimum height. If the wires are not in code, a tall front load garbage truck could possibly hit them. That myfriend puts the fault on the installer. Unless there is a weight restrictin sign or no trucks sign, a citation may follow, butfor low hanging lines, that falls on whatever company they belong too.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    When I was a cable installer, all new lines passing over roads or driveways were required to be installed so they were at least 14 feet above the roadway or driveway at the lowest point. Not sure if it was the law, or just the company not wanting to have to reinstall lines that got clipped by trash / utility trucks.

4. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    14 foot is the code for pa as well. 2 years ago the telephone lines stated sagging over my driveway. When I pulled into my house with my truck I had a choice whether sit my truck on the road or yank them down. I wasn’t gonna wait 2 weeks for them to come out and tighten them up. I pulled them down with my truck and they snapped. Wouldn’t you know they sat there are the ground for for like 5 day’s before they came out and fixed them. My house doesn’t use telephone anyhow. We use cell phones but I’m sure someone up the road does. Moral of the story, those lines are up to code now and I didn’t pay for it

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted