an inexperienced trucker scraped/chipped our building

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by kathite, Mar 29, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Forget the property damage, couple of blocks easy out easy in by skilled blockheads easy peasy chisel.

It's the yelling and propensity for violence that changed the entire situation. We are a castle doctrine state which also applies to businesses you own. No one is allowed to be hostile on your lands and building premises. Now if the trucker that scraped those blocks were in tears, abject apologies promises 20 years income or whatever to fix then eh we would not have gotten this far on such a minor. I don't know what blocks cost anymore but it's not that expensive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    It is very unlikely your cinder block (concrete) building suffered any structural damage. If you really want to know the cost to fully restore the building call a mason and ask what it will take to replace the damaged blocks.

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    It looks like this occurred at a point before we even delve in to the "advanced" topic of what can happen from trailer tail swing. Didn't even get that far... Do we really need someone like that out on the road?

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Given the Drivers attitude. I’d say he needs a lesson in politeness. No mercy for a- holes. A hard learned lesson is appropriate. Absolutely make a claim. Maybe he will respect others property, if only for monetary reasons. What a Jerk. Turns around in a spot he has no reason to be in and blames You for not having enough room. Takes all kinds I suppose.

stwik and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If every driver that has ever bumped something, quit driving, there really would be a driver shortage.
    Lots of speculation on this thread.
    The driver had a bad attitude. Maybe and maybe not; depends on how he was approached by the owner of the business.
    Any driver that's delivered to a grocery warehouse knows what it's like to be verbally attacked and abused without given the chance to explain anything.
    I don't know what happened, but I still would take my own advice and not report it.

tucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    You shouldn't have parked you're building so close to his truck. I hate when these things happen.

x1Heavy, skellr and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Or had the bay visible from the street. So that some lost waif can back into it to get turned around...

He he.

Written in satire. All this over a few block chips and scrapes. God help us when there is blood or life on the line.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Doesnt matter how the wheel holder was or wasnt approached. He made a mistake regardless, he should have been a man and owned said mistake. Nobody wants to take blame for their actions these days, always someone elses fault.

10. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    When many Americans are a few paychecks away from losing everything you might consider that had he “manned up” he would be out of a job on the spot. Clearly he was in the wrong and made a bad choice and played it poorly. Time to step off the soap box pretending that you have never had a bad day driving. Never surfed a curb? Enough said.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Never said i didnt have a bad day. I said if you are a man, you own your mistakes, regardless of the outcome. Its called having integrity. But alot of men these days have no idea what that is, do you?

Coover and Pedigreed Bulldog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.