An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Is it really snowing that bad ? Or guys just driving like dip sits? Out of the last 2 years i ran up in that area. Not one time did i ever feel like i needed to shuttdown because of the weather. And there was some really really bad storms. But guys just love to crash everywhere. Then dot shuts down the interstate.. Got real good at taking those back highways.. Unfortunately not many ways around i90 in washington

InTooDeep and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Inland it was....it is still orange and red from N. Bend to Cle Elum

Screenshot_20221201-080712.png Screenshot_20221201-080648.png

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got a surprise this morning. 7:15 I get a message from breakdown, truck is done and ready for pickup. I figured, based on my previous experience with a KW shop, I was here until the weekend, so I didn't rush to get up and get rolling.

Itsbrokeagain, Lonesome and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I was misinformed. They found the inactive code for my previous mystery issue, not a new code. They checked all the sensors, plugs and the wiring harness and found nothing amiss. The code didn't identify anything specific...so it is still a mystery.

Speed_Drums, D.Tibbitt and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I get to go play in the snow. They put me on a load that someone is picking up in Kent that needs to be in Missoula by 10 am tomorrow. Been up since 6, started my day when I picked up my truck, and it's gonna get cold tonight. Told him 10 a.m. might not be possible with the weather and the roads. Some machine that is going to a forestry company. Right now, there isn't any chain requirements all the way across, but ID says 4th of July and Lookout have icy spots, and Montana is doing their usually lousy job of snow removal.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My day went to #### in a hurry. Coming up to N.Bend WA and this happened

PXL_20221202_022000808.jpg PXL_20221202_021933701.jpg

Left front steer tire might have caught a broken link of a tire chain...the steer tires on my truck were in good shape and inflated right(just came out of the company shop after a service and inspection). The down side, the piles of snow on the shoulder make it tough to get completely off the road. All 3 triangles and my 2 red oversized strobes out and waiting for a service truck. Only real damage might be the left ABS sensor, and it knocked the cover off the back side of where you replace the headlights, and drug the black aero plastic under the front bumper on the ground before I could coax it to the right shoulder...and f'd up the rim bad too.

8. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    At least you kept in upright and didn't hit anything. I haven't lost a steer yet and am not looking forward to it.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This was my 1st. And it really didn't blow...I just heard what sounded like a pickup with agressive off road tires, but nobody was around me, then it pulled to the left worse than normal on these tire chain- groved roads...and I am 3 miles from the N. Bend T/A exit and can't limp it that far.

10. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    ####! Well good save and hopefully they get a service truck out to ya soon.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Going on 4 hours sitting here on the white line. After 2 they finally found someone out of Seattle to come fix me up, but gave me a 2 hour eta. Most vehicles are doing the right thing and moving over one lane...however I did have a Walmart company truck buzz me with nobody next to him. Plus, I haven't had the first cop stop to see if I am ok...(or pass me that I can see)...I hope this service truck has a bunch of signs and cones like the T/A service trucks use.(the T/A 3 miles away wouldn't answer their phone when the breakdown service tried to call them, and this was early evening, there should have been someone working there at that time of day). This load #### sure won't make it on time...in fact, I couldn't care any less if I had to wait until Monday to deliver the way I feel right now...

Lonesome, dwells40, D.Tibbitt and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.