An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Well that is odd, maybe ask him why he needs a copy of the Bol after pickup. Never had that before.

we have some customers that request singed pod’s within an hour of delivery. They want to bill their customers ASAP, just like we do. Hopefully we will transition to electronically transmitted bols soon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Maybe when we get our new Wylie approved Peoplenet tablets we can just snap pic's with them and have the option to bypass Transflow altogether. Heck, Big G had thermal scanners tied into their Omnitracs(Qualcomm) units many years ago so we never had to Transflow if we so chose.

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well things have gotten interesting, or more interesting, with this load. My load instructions have my 5 stops in one order, the shipper loaded in another order, but after contacting the 5 stops (as requested by the shipper) the biggest stop can't accept their part of the load until after 8 on Wednesday...and they were number 3 on both versions. Good thing they have adequate room between each unit so that I can do it in a way that make sense(actually SPD's version was in a decent order, but will still need to bump the number 3 to number 5)...and my 2nd stop doesn't even have an address, it's a jobsite that hasn't been assigned an address yet, it's delivery address is the corner of road A and street B. When I called him to confirm, he verified I am headed to the right location.

Lonesome and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The one thing I used to do when hauling multi stop load . Is take a blank piece of paper and draw a picture of the trailer.. Which doesn't have to be anything more than a rectangle... then in the rectangle I would draw circles and each circle represents which stop number it is, relative to the freight that's loaded on the trailer. Draw the stop # Or delivery city In the circle.. And you can reference it when delivering.. Makes it much easier to keep track of..

I only learned that trick after I had a multi stop load with 9 stops and half the stop number stickers flew off 200 miles after leaving from the shipper...

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I actually had decided after picking up this load to do a 34, which ended up being the right decision. After my last stop on Wednesday, I am headed to the Rancho yard and pick up a preloaded conestoga going to Melbourne FL for next Monday...then home. Our Anniversary is coming up along with Valentine's Day and all our W2's are in to do my taxes, so I can do all 3 at once.

I thought I had fixed my APU issue. The alternator belt started squealing while I was on my way to deliver in TX the other day, so I tightened it. It starts and runs fine without bogging or sputtering, however....after picking up this load and driving half way across TX, I stopped for the night. When I started using the microwave to nuke some leftovers, it started it's b.s. again. Stop the microwave, and it runs fine...plus once it threw an 'under voltage' warning on the LCD screen. Then today, with it running, when I nuked some mac-n-cheese, my trucks low voltage alarm went off...so, it looks as though I either have a weak battery (or batteries), a failing APU alternator, or both. I cleaned the dirt off the clear top fuel filter on the APU and it looks good and clean inside, so unless that's the secondary filter and the primary is in need of a change, I think this unit has been serviced at least once.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Managed to unload all 5 stops and make it to Coachella for the night, which was an accomplishment because when I went to leave the truckstop this morning, I-10 was closed a few exits west of me for a fatality crash. Took me 45 minutes to drive 6 miles on surface streets.

This is my odometer miles since leaving home on 1/2

PXL_20230201_011731165~2.jpg

Not bad considering I did a 34 in Rancho, another 34 the following weekend in Gulfport before delivering, then another 34 after delivering to try to get over this respiratory infection...and another 34 just before delivering this 5 stop a/c load.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And the frog soup get's a little hotter. Our Director of Operations and his wife (the recruiting manager) are no longer with the company...the office is starting to thin out slowly...it's starting to look like my paranoia about Wylie changing things like at Moore weren't too far off base.

9. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I hate to say it but it’s sure looking like you were/are right. I don’t like it one ####ing bit. Those two meant a lot to Spd’s core group of oversize drivers. Without them our wing/ special operations group would not exist.

I’ll be real surprised if my new truck shows up with spd on the door. Might not be around long enough to find out.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Looks like we might need to start doing some research on our next company...if management at that level are leaving, that cannot be a good sign of things to come.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Has anyone ever noticed that if you're sitting in the driver's seat watching the parking lot, a lot of drivers just get in, fire the engines and launch without even thumping a tire or checking lights...but once one person actually gets out and gives their truck a good walk around, all of a sudden, you start seeing others doing the same...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.