An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Probably afraid of voiding the warranty, so long as you’re being paid enjoy the downtime…

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Yeah, I know, but this is one of our repeat customers, that got charged extra because they didn't have the load ready when it was originally booked, and now are paying a full truck rate for a partial load so that their customer gets the stuff they ordered...and we could make that happen if someone who sits behind a desk would take a second to realize there are other options when ordering parts. Heck, I bet KW has tough enough nuts to fit the bolts, and they're 10 min away. Screw Volvo, get the parts, fix the truck and let them know that their customer service is one of the reasons we're going to an all KW fleet (it really isn't, but an extra poke in the eye doesn't hurt.)

I have even taken the time to check the load securement and transfer my good tarps to the trailer (that Ops says ALWAYS keep with me, even when pulling a conestoga)...my coffee is made and my truck is at the starting line waiting for the green light to launch...

4. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    You'd think one is rewarded for being proactive... maybe it's a control thing, you offered to expedite something that would more than likely get that fright delivered on time so now like precious driver mentioned delay falls on their stubbornness....

dwells40 Thanks this.
  5. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    SSB,
    You have done everything you could to help turn a sad situation into a positive one but evidently she is so brain dead she can't see past the nose on her face. You just can't fix stupid.

6. 201773

201773 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2020
    That's impossible for SSB to accept, IMO.

Sure loads are late, but being on time, ALWAYS on time no matter what is the ultimate satisfaction SSB gets from driving, IMO.

I'm the same way. Just give me a load and tell me when to be there leaving all the details up to me.

I could never accept being late when I could have went to a hardware store and bought four grade 8 nuts and been on time.

Sure the load would be late, not my fault, but every mile I would be miserable because it could have been on time.

I read and follow SSB's threads because of one thing, his ethic. Being on time, no matter what, is the heart of his ethic, IMO.

7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I’m the same way but there’s only so much a guy can do when running Elogs and being held up. At some point a person has to accept that they did what they can and it’s no longer on them.

Winnyf1, D.Tibbitt, dwells40 and 3 others Thank this.
  8. 201773

201773 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2020
    'Course considering the application the nuts are more than likely grade 8 nylon locking nuts, hard to find at a hardware store in that size.

9. 201773

201773 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Sure, it isn't on them, that is a given from the start.

It isn't about avoiding blame, it is about getting the load delivered on time no matter what. That is the personal reward.

10. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Most likely metric and of the flange nut variation. His offer to go pick the nuts up from Volvo or kenworth if they had them was more then necessary. After that if it’s late, it’s late I guess. Late Monday vs early Tuesday morning is not that big of a difference.

If anyone is ever offered the rare long haul container gig, I would turn it down. I’ve now been to 6 different east coast ports, 2 west coast ports, every one different. Every one confusing. But I got unloaded today. Pulling out of one port would be so much simpler.

Winnyf1, D.Tibbitt, dwells40 and 3 others Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They ended up calling Fastenal for the nuts...they are a lot closer to the yard than Volvo. I had my truck back and rolling by 0900. And I am preplanned on my next load, but I doubt I have the hours to deliver before the weekend. Picks up Tuesday in WI and is scheduled to deliver by Friday in Hermiston, OR by Friday. Another 2000 miles counting deadhead. Not sure I can pull that one off after this one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.