An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Nice. I shouldve looked at them when my company was requiring the shot. My problem is I have a hernia that doesnt bother me but I figured flatbed wouldnt touch me because of that

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That's the one thing I have to adjust to for now. Paid twice a month. They are going to weekly pay in the coming months, but all the bugs haven't been worked out. Imagine that, testing and working out the bugs before implementing something...maybe Creaffer should try that for a change.

4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I’m not sure where you saw that, can you provide a link to that? As far as I know the only hourly drivers are local drivers, mainly in wa. We have at least one local at every yard though.

once a driver makes it through the preliminary probation they will either go to mileage or “salary” depending on their choice and performance. Both programs pay very similar and have a 40cpm monthly bonus for all miles over 9900.

@supersnackbar i hope you find this company to be a good fit for you. I truly think you will, as you said we are a similar vibe as Moore with a more diverse customer base.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm lovin it so far. Although I need to get to Walmart and get some more t-shirts...when I hauled glass I had enough for 2 per day....when I went back to pulling a fridge, I culled some out. After my 1st unload I remember what it was like to sweat...and I had an easy load on a conestoga

6. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I googled smoky point distributing and it was the first link that popped up. Went to paid hourly page with a form to fill out. May have just sent me to the local drivers page

7. mdmgolfin

mdmgolfin Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    Best of luck SSB I’ll definitely be watching this thread.

8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    i’d suggest a couple of pairs of coveralls too.hand tarping loads is a whole different ball of wax from using the fitted tarps on a double drop glass trailer. And sometimes with a quickdraw trailer you get even dirtier than a tarp trailer if you have to fight the tarp system. The insides of those trailers never get washed.

Huh. I see what you’re talking about. But that’s not our direct website. (spdtrucking.com)That website is definitely modeled after our main website, and may be a recruiting website? All that hourly pay information is for our Subsidiary company, Belmont enterprises. They haul glass for cardinal glass out of Tumwater Washington. Decent enough loads if you live in the area and want to be home every day. They have a few drivers to go to California and up in the British Columbia but most of our guys are home every afternoon. I did some fill-in work for them one time on my truck was in the shop. I never thought my first eight axle load will be pulling a van. C14C6F58-574F-4762-B079-DB0F9A4D656A.jpeg C7F247D2-A594-4D1F-ABC6-62BA3094A55F.jpeg FD91032D-2DE0-4332-A579-9A166DD9D3E9.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  9. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    SSB,

What a great post telling us who you ended up driving for. After all you have been through it is a pleasure to read such a positive review of a company like SPD. They really seem to have no problems in recruiting good drivers and treating them right. I wish you the best with them and always look forward to your posts and I'll continue to follow your success. Stay safe and good luck in the future.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I was black from my wrists to my shirt sleeves, and it was a fairly new aero conestoga.

We had 4 glass haulers in orientation for the 1st 2 days. One stayed a 3rd day because he was transferring a truck down there and it wasn't out of the shop. He was also one of the drivers doing the Canada runs.

11. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    I wear these when loading or unloading - they meet just about every jobsite requirement if you wear them with long sleeve yellow t shirts - some people call them Canadian pajamas.

I tried them and love them - you never have to pull your pants if you know what I mean. They have pockets for keys, ids and tools like a knife or snips for zip ties. Then just take them off and hang them - none of your stuff gets greasy.

alao, but a comfortable hard hat - not the cheapest you can find.

good luck on your move. Learn everything you can everyday and you will discover opportunities open up for “challenges”.

lastly, developers a group of peers that you can reach out to for guidance or assistance on both securement and routing. Trust me, there will be crap that others have figured out but you go what the F.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.