An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Ever since you came here my peoplenet has been acting up. Going down the road it will stop displaying the “locked screen” and then eventually ask me if I would like to stay in driving since I haven’t moved in 5 minutes. As I’m rolling 70 down the highway. I’m not saying it’s your fault or anything….

I too can’t wait until the change over to the new system.

Parked in Cuba, mo getting a tire fixed on the trailer. The hole was to big and kept spitting out my plugs. Waiting to meet two pilot cars here tonight to buy them some Missouri Hick BBQ.

In the morning I load a 14’6” wide stretch load south of stl going to Oklahoma. We have to bottom tarp under the load, then they crane the load on, cover it in oil and plastic. Then we have to top tarp the load. We could have clear sky’s and beautiful weather, the customer still complains that it shows up wet. Bunch of goofballs, but their money is as green as anyone’s.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    Reason for edit: Proofreading is hard
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Snack upset the God of Peoplenet so now wherever he goes he curses the company's system :eek::p

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Hell, we're just starting!

JohnBoy and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    SSB, as long as you are compensated for your down time, I think that you are working for a good company.

Speed_Drums, dwells40 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It was PACCAR's system that was down. It finally came back up and my truck was part of the steering gear campaign. The service desk said 1 in 10 PACCAR trucks have the steering gear defect. Fortunately, my truck isn't one of those defective units. So I got the all clear to proceed.

7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Karen: "OMG how can you use my name as a synonym for something unpleasant!!"
    Me: "Hi, I'm John. These are my friends Dick and Peter. Pleased to meet you."

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Don't forget Willie

9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Pffft...
    5894AA7B-92CD-4F50-88B9-314E965F81D6.png
    willie can’t remember who he is.

TB John, JoeyJunk, Speed_Drums and 2 others Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I feel the same way. A whole lot better choice than I made the last time. I have always believed that the way to tell if it's a good company or not is not whether or not there are problems...it's trucking, #### happens everywhere you work, the sign of a good company it how they deal with the problems that makes all the difference. So far, I am still happy with the company as a whole, and hopefully the last few weeks have just been working the bugs out of the truck and I can go a while without any more mechanical problems

11. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah still trying to get my city horn replaced on a new truck, and they had to adjust my drivers door just to stop it from leaking.

I’ve never had a new truck without having to have work done at the dealer, it’s sad the build quality these days. And when I was at the Duluth yard I noticed Peoplenet has changed their head unit and camera hardware, I’m glad my truck has an older unit.

Now whenever you replace a windshield the camera is attached to it so you’ll have to correctly align and reattach it, just another thing to get screwed up and cost time.

Enjoy that light airplane freight, that beats tarpping any day!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.