Another incident - Dissappointed

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by haider99, Nov 1, 2017.

1. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    You can't see squat backing into a doorway in daylight. What's funny is sometimes you'll get somebody to direct you, but they will get right inside the door (where you can't see them) and try to flag you, and then get mad because you aren't doing what they say.

At our warehouse, we have a door you drive into to unload open deck loads. Most drivers will back in. I always pull in and back out so I can see what I'm doing, You can see much better backing out of a building than you can backing in.

Ruthless, Domingo101 and uncleal13 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
  4. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I agree with China. Turn this one in. Blame them for no lighting etc. Your insurance will not ding you for a stolen trailer it will show up somewhere. Dad needs support trust me he feels 100x worse than you. Who knows your insurance might already have this place as a must watch scam bunch of ....well you get it

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

5. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Update to this:

The blame is on us. They got an engineer report which said the structural damage was caused due to our event. I dont agree to this at all.

I dont know what to do.

I will be posting pictures here tomorrow morning to get your input.

6. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    Do you have insurance? If yes, it’s their (insurance company) responsibility to fight this on your behalf - not yours! DONT POST ANY PHOTOS HERE! Do not share them with anyone.

Your insurance company will hire their own engineer, and they will argue percentages. As I mentioned in a previous post, you need to keep quiet. The case will wind on and on, but it’s not your job to do the insurance company’s work. If you feel that your insurance carrier is being unfair to you - get a lawyer.

If you don’t have insurance, better get a lawyer quick.

I can understand your sense of right and wrong, it’s natural. But you can only hurt your case by talking to anyone, other than your insurance carrier.

REMEMBER: DONT POST ANY PHOTOS HERE.

I had a lawyer on a case, and he made me quit Facebook (not a bad idea, anyway) He told me that Judges, and opposing attorneys have a knack for finding out things, that you don’t want them to know. I thought he was nuts for being so paranoid, but he insisted, after all I was paying for his advice. He was absolutely right, don’t give anyone ammo that can, and will, be used against you.

7. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio

Yeah, if thats the way its looks, I would proudly knock er back into place and tell em to Far Cough!

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  8. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Far Cough; That's such a clever homophone I might just appropriate it occasionally.
    Good job, Mr. Grubby!!

9. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio
    Thanks pard, I truly try! Just make sure ya says Bed Linen instead of Sheet... Nuh uh, they dont like sheets... Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.